AAI One World Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries in Austria: Afro Asian Institute Salzburg is offering One World Scholarship Programme for the students of developing countries. Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate study programme and non-degree certificate programme at private universities.
The One World Scholarship Programme is a partial scholarship aimed at students from Africa, Asia and Latin America who have come to Austria on their own initiative, in order to complete their education.
The One World Scholarship programme is a comprehensive programme including social events and educational services accompanying the studies, measures for (re-)integration, and maintaining contact with former scholarship holders.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate study programme and non-degree certificate programme at private universities.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship includes extracurricular training, assistance with (re-)integration and the establishment of a global network of AAI scholars.
Number of Scholarships: University offers all students from Africa, Asia and Latin America counselling and support a yearly group of 10-15 students from these countries who spend a part of their studies in Salzburg or Innsbruck.
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility: Formal requirements and conditions:
- Nationality of a non-European developing country
- Admission to a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol
- For PhD students: approved disposition
- Age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- Residence permit “student”: No scholarships are awarded for
- Studies at private universities
- Postgraduate study programmes or other non-degree certificate programmes
- Applicants with a residence title other than “student”
- Non-degree programme students
- Short term visits and exchange programmes
Nationality: Citizens of non-European developing countries are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have undergraduate degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
- Financial need: University considers own income, savings, other means of support, profession and income of parents in order to select students who would hardly be able to successfully finish their studies without financial support.
- Evidence of good progress in studies: Good study progress documented by the transcript of records of current and past studies. In programmes without entry exams, students who have already completed at least one semester at an Austrian university have a distinctive advantage.
- Interest in the development and according to specialisation in studies: Prospective awardees are expected to show a strong interest in development related issues, which is supposed to be reflected in the choice of study fields, prior work experience, voluntary activities etc.
Application Form: Master/Diploma Programme
Application Form: Doctoral Programme
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is July 24.