The African Biomedical Engineering Mobility (ABEM) project is funded by the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme of the Education, Audio-visual and Culture Executive Agency of the European Commission. The scheme is modelled on Europe’s well-established and successful Erasmus-Mundus programme. As part of the Roadmap 2014-2017 of the Joint Africa-EU Strategy, the Intra-Africa Mobility Scheme underlines the contribution of higher education towards economic and social development and the potential of academic mobility to improve the quality of higher education.
ABEM will train up to 32 MSc and 10 PhD graduates, and offer development opportunities to up to 10 staff members.
Mobility must be to an institution in an eligible country other than the home country / country of the home institution.
The scholarship will cover:
- roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs;
- participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable
- insurance (health, accident, travel);
- a settling-in allowance;
- a monthly subsistence allowance;
To be eligible for a scholarship, master’s and doctoral students must comply with the following criteria:
- Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries covered by the Programme
- At the time of the application for a scholarship, be registered/admitted in their final year or have obtained their most recent degree (or equivalent) from:
one of the higher education institutions included in the partnership
a higher education institution not included in the partnership but established in an eligible country
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction in the host institution.
- Meet the specific requirements of the host institution.
- Students can only benefit from one scholarship under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme.
- Students having benefited from scholarship(s) under the previous Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme cannot receive scholarships under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme.
To apply and for more information visit here