Charles Sturt University in Australia invites applications for the AGRTP International Full-Time Scholarship in the 2021/22 academic session.
AGRTP-International scholarships are awarded to postgraduate researchers from overseas with exceptional promise on the basis of academic merit and research potential. Further information regarding the Australian Government’s Research Training Program is available on the Department of Education and Training website.
AGRTP-International scholarships are normally tenable for three years for Research Doctorate studies, and two years for Research Masters studies subject to satisfactory progress
An extension of up to six months may be granted for Research Doctorate candidates, where CSU is satisfied the extension is based on grounds which are beyond the control of the candidate and relate to their research studies, rather than of a personal nature.
Worth of Award
- Stipend Full-Time: $28,092 per annum (2020 rate), payable in fortnightly instalments to a nominated Australian bank account.
- Tuition Fees: AGRTP-International scholarship candidates are exempt from fees for a period equivalent to three years (six sessions) for PhD/Research Doctorate OR two years (four sessions) for Research Masters at full-time study.
- Operating Funds: Scholarship candidates are allocated an allowance to assist with the reimbursement of costs associated with a candidate’s research.
- Relocation Allowance: Scholarship candidates may be eligible to receive a relocation allowance for the cost of relocating themselves, their spouse, and dependants to a Charles Sturt campus, to a maximum of AUD $5,000.
- Health insurance: All International students studying in Australia are required to purchase and maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). An AGRTP-International covers the cost of a standard OSHC policy for the candidate for three (3) years (full-time equivalent). This scholarship does not cover the cost of OSHC for dependents.
- Scholarship candidates are entitled to 20 paid annual leave working days per year, 10 paid sick leave days per year and may be eligible for up to 12 weeks paid maternity leave with the duration of the scholarship.
AGRTP-International scholarships are generally for full-time study towards higher degrees by research. These scholarships are highly competitive, and only applicants who meet the following eligibility criteria will be considered:
- Commencing a Charles Sturt University HDR program, or currently enrolled
- Enrolling/enrolled as a full-time candidate who will be studying on a Charles Sturt University campus
AGRTP-International scholarships will not be available to those who:
- Are enrolled concurrently in any other program, unless it is essential to the success of the HDR, or exceptional circumstances exist and are approved.
- Are receiving another Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via one of the following options. Applications submitted via email will not be accepted.
- Prospective Higher Degree by Research candidates can apply for an AGRTP International Scholarship when completing their Charles Sturt course admission application.
- International candidates currently enrolled in a Charles Sturt HDR course must complete a separate scholarship application.
Deadline: 2021 Mid-Year Round applications are now open and will close mid-April 2021.