Check Detailed information about BOT Scholarships 2020/2021!! We have provided essential details regarding Bank of Tanzania (BOT) Scholarships 2020/2021, so what are you waiting for? Go ahead as soon as possible and get Bank of Tanzania Scholarships details.
The Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund announces Scholarships for the academic year. The Fund was established on 12th October, 2009 in commemorating the great achievements of the Father of our Nation Mwalimu Julius K. Nyerere. It is primarily dedicated for sponsoring top undergraduate female students to pursue Mathematics and Science studies in Tanzanian accredited universities with the aim of promoting academic excellence of the students in respective fields. The Fund also sponsors male and female Tanzanians to pursue undergraduate studies in the fields of Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance. In addition, the Fund sponsors both male and female best Tanzanians undergraduate students to undertake Master’s Degree Programs in the afore-mentioned fields of study.
The Scholarships are granted on academic merit and based on a rigorous selection process. Successful applicants are granted full scholarship which covers all university direct cost (tuition fees etc.) and student direct costs (meal, accommodation, book and stationery allowance, field practical training, special faculty requirement etc.) as specified in the respective institutions ‘costs structure including a laptop computer.
The scholarships are awarded as follows:
1. Undergraduate Degree Programmes (4 Scholarships)
The Undergraduate Scholarships are granted to top performers at the level of the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations (ACSEE) to pursue Undergraduate degree programmes in two categories:
Category A: Science and Mathematics Studies (Female Students only)
Category B: Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Economics, Accounting and Finance Studies (Male and Female Students)
The Fund will obtain the list of the 2020 ACSEE top ten (10) students from the National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and the said Scholarship will be granted to qualified candidates.
For more information on the requirements for Undergraduate Scholarships, please visit the BOT website www.bot.go.tz.
2. Master’s Degree Programmes (2 Scholarships)
The Scholarships are open to both female and male best students who are to enrol in Master’s degree programmes in the fields of Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance.
- Applicant must be a Tanzanian
- Applicant must have obtained First Class or an Upper Second Class (honours) in the Bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 4.0 from an accredited university within the United Republic of
- Applicant must not be more than thirty-five years of age and should have completed Bachelor’s degree in studies related to Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting or
- Applicant must have applied/be admitted to a full time Master’s degree programme in an accredited university within the United Republic of Tanzania. The programme should commence in 2020/2021 academic year in any of the following fields: Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting or
Applications are invited from qualified candidates. Mode of Application:
- Applicants are required to complete Scholarship Application Forms which can be accessed on the BOT website: www.bot.go.tz.
- OWNLOAD RECOMMENDATION FORM FOR THE MWALIMU JULIUS NYERERE SCHOLARSHIP – 2020/21 (Master’s Degree Programmes)
Printed forms can be obtained from the Fund Administrator, Bank of Tanzania Head Office, 2 Mirambo Street, 11884, DAR ES SALAAM. The forms can also be obtained at the Bank of Tanzania Branch Offices (Arusha, Zanzibar, Mwanza, Mbeya, Dodoma, Mtwara and the Bank of Tanzania Training Institute, Mwanza).
All application forms should be completed, scanned and submitted to the Chairperson, Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund, Bank of Tanzania Head Office, 2 Mirambo Street, 11884, DAR ES SALAAM by 30th September, 2020 (16:00hr) through the email address “[email protected].tz” with a copy to the following email addresses:
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Scholarship Awards Committee,
Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund,
Bank of Tanzania,
2 Mirambo Street,
11884, DAR ES SALAAM.
Tel No. +255 22 2233041
Fax No. +255 22 2234088
For more information visit the BOT website www.bot.go.tz.