Botswana International University of Science & Technology (BIUST) Online Application 2020/2021 | BIUST Online application 2019/2020
Welcome to The Botswana International University of Science & Technology (BIUST)
Undergraduate BIUST online Application 2019/2020
Prospective students aspiring to be admitted into a particular programme at BIUST must meet the minimum entry requirements.The Botswana General Certificate of Secondary Education (BGCSE) grade system is calculated as follows:
The University considers and assesses every application on its own merits, taking into account the relevance of qualifications and experience each student has.
For students with a Botswana General Certificate of Secondary Education (BGCSE) or equivalent, the following minimum requirements will apply for undergraduate degree programmes:
- A credit in at least six subjects in BGCSE or equivalent. These subjects must include a minimum of Pass (D) in English and at least a Credit (C) in Mathematics plus two science subjects.
- BGCSE holders or equivalent should possess a minimum of 20 points from any of Mathematics, and Physics and/or Chemistry and/or Biology or Science double award.
- A minimum combined points score for admission from the six subjects (including Mathematics, English, two science subjects or Science Double Award, must be above 38 points based on the points scores in the following table:
- The University will consider A-level holders and those who have already completed year one (1) BSc General at any recognised University for direct entry into second year.
- Furthermore, applicants in possession of year one (1) BSc General or equivalent, are required to have attained at least 40 BGCSE points or equivalent and must have obtained an average of at least 65% without resits or retakes in their BSc transcript.
- A-level holders are required to possess, in addition to the general minimum entry requirements, 2 A-level grades with a C or better in Maths, and in one of Physics or Chemistry or Biology.
- Diploma holders will also be considered on the relevance of their prior programmes of study to their programmes of interest
The University reserves the right to ask prospective students to sit a pre-admission exam if required. Please note that these are the only minimum entry requirements, and certain programmes may have additional entry requirements. Information on additional requirements is available from the Admissions Office
For More Information Visit https://www.biust.ac.bw/do-i-qualify/
Postgraduate BIUST online Application 2019/2020
For Masters (MEng & MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) programmes, we require the following:
1. Letter of Motivation
A letter of motivation should indicate the following:
a) Description of your background. (This should briefly highlight your grades, what classes you took and
where you studied)
b) Description of your research interests, experiences and motivation
c) Indicate the degree of creativity and intellectual integrity
NB: For PhD applicants, a Research Proposal is required.
2. Certified Copy of Degree Certificate and Official Transcripts
3. Certified Copy of ID or Passport
4. Completed Application Form (Apply Here)
5. Application Fee
a) P200 for SADC Residents
b) P400 for Non SADC Residents
For More Information Visit https://www.biust.ac.bw/postgraduate-entry-requirements/