Search and apply for the leading Vhembe District Municipality Mayoral Bursaries 2020-2021 offers. Our platform helps to makemake Bursaries search easy and convenient for you.
About Vhembe District Municipality
Vhembe District Municipality was established in 2000 and is composed of four local municipalities which are Makhado, Musina, Thulamela and Mutale. The district municipality is located in the Northern part of Limpopo Province.
Vhembe District Municipality Mayoral Bursaries
Vhembe District bursaries are open for disadvantaged tertiary students or matriculants who have interest in the fields of Administration, Hydrology and Water Management, Environmental/Disaster/Waste Management, Regional and Town Planning, Engineering/Civil/Electrical/Mining/Mechanical/Chemical, Finance/Financial Accounting/B Com Accounting/Auditing, Economics and Business Management/Tourism/Agriculture/Information Technology.
The bursary will be in a form of a sponsorship which will cover tuition, prescribed books and course
materials as supplement with student’s other sources of funding or in a form of scholarship which will cover full tuition, prescribed books, course material, meals, residential / accommodation / transport expenses. The amount awarded per student varies according to the fees structure of institutions. The bursary will be paid directly to the accredited tertiary institution by the Administration on behalf of the student.
Upon graduation, bursary holders will be required to work in the Vhembe District Municipality for an equal amount of time of the bursary duration otherwise, the bursary holder will be required to return the total bursary amount with interest.
Vhembe District Municipality Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Possess senior certificate/ matriculation exemption
- South African citizen
- Resident of Vhembe District Municipality
- Studying at a recognized Higher Education Institution of South Africa
- 60% academic pass in grade 12, with Mathematics and Physical Science, Commerce and Technology
- Proven financial need
- Medically fit
The applicants have the responsibility to:
- Be available for interviews and assessment
- Not change fields of study without prior permission from the committee/management
- Advice of changes in address
- Sign the Bursary Agreements
- Communicate with the bursary officer in writing
How to Apply and Application Details
- Complete the Vhembe District Municipality bursary application form. (pdf) Application forms are also obtainable from Office of the Executive Mayor at second floor.
- Submit the application with the following additional documents:
- Certified Grade 12 June results
- Certified academic records (tertiary students)
- Affidavit from unemployed parents
- Certified copy of ID/Birth Certificate of student and parents
- Letter of reference from the school principal (for Grade 12)
- Proof of residence from Head Man, Civic or SANCO
- Proof of admission at a recognized Higher Education Institution
- Send applications to: The Municipal Manager, Private Bag x5006 Thohoyandou 0950
If the applicant has not been contacted within 3 months after closing date of the application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
1 December 2017
Vhembe District Municipality Contact Details
The Municipal Manager
Private Bag x5006 Thohoyandou 0950
Tel: (015)960 2008 / 2012