The University of Newcastle in Australia is accepting applications for the FEBE Golden Jubilee Commemorative International Scholarship for Undergraduates in 2020.
This scholarship offers a full fee-waiver for the duration of a full-time undergraduate program, aimed at encouraging and supporting academically gifted international students to enrol in a program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Newcastle, Callaghan campus, with the long term view to continuation into Research Higher Degree candidature.
The Faculty brings together expertise in engineering, architecture, building, surveying, information technology and computing. Their degree programs focus on the development of innovative, resourceful and creative graduates – future leaders in industry, the profession and the community.
Worth of Award
This scholarship will provide full payment of tuition fees each semester for the duration of an undergraduate programme (up to 5 years), provided the scholar continues to meet ongoing conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a new student to the University of Newcastle.
- Be commencing in an undergraduate program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment in the semester of scholarship offer.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be enrolling at the Callaghan Campus.
- Be eligible for entry to the program as a full-fee paying international student.
- Not hold another faculty-funded scholarship or tuition fee waiver for the same program.
- Not have previously completed an Australian undergraduate degree program.
How to Apply
- All applicants must have applied for Admission to UON prior to submitting a scholarship application.
- International students who are seeking advanced standing or credit transfers from other institutions, and who have applied to study with UON, may also submit an application for this scholarship.
- If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
- Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
- Academic Achievement (including rank) in previously completed studies.
- Detailed results of all courses completed in programme.
- Assessment of written statement (career aspirations upon completion of the program and research interests).
- Any other supporting statements or documents,
Unsuccessful applicants may be considered for the separate Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment International Student Scholarship if eligibility criteria for this scholarship are met.
PVC Unit Team
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
Building EF, Room EF105
Callaghan NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 6025
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: Scholarship Applications close December 13, 2019.