The University of Leeds in the UK is offering two Arts Humanities and Cultures AHC Doctoral Scholarships available for UK/EU/International students for doctoral study starting October 2020.
Two AHC Doctoral Scholarships are available for UK, EU and International students for postgraduate research study in the following Schools – Design; English; Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies; History; Languages, Cultures and Societies; Media and Communications; Music; Performance and Cultural Industries and Philosophy, Religion and History of Science. These fully-funded research scholarships are available for 3 years full-time or 5 years of part-time study.
The University of Leeds is a redbrick university located in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Originally named the Yorkshire College of Science and later simply the Yorkshire College, it incorporated the Leeds School of Medicine and became part of the federal Victoria University alongside Owens College (which eventually became the University of Manchester) and University College Liverpool (which became the University of Liverpool).
Worth of Award
- The award includes full fees and a maintenance grant (£15,009 in Session 2019/20).
The AHC Doctoral Scholarships are for students seeking a scholarship to support their PhD studies in any of the nine Schools within the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures. The Faculty will consider applications from students seeking to undertake PhD study through any of the following programmes.
- Doctoral Research within one School
- Doctoral Research across two Schools (Interdisciplinary)
- Doctoral Research by Distance Learning (For applicants who wish to be based overseas, the award will be tuition fees only and not include a maintenance grant)
- Applicants must not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree.
- Awards must be taken up by 1 October 2020.
- The awards are available for new Postgraduate Researchers undertaking full-time or part-time research study leading to the degree of PhD. Students who are already registered for PhD research study are excluded from applying.
- Applicants for Doctoral Research in one School or Doctoral Research across two Schools must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship.
How to Apply
- Apply for a research programme of study by completing the online application form.
- Submit an online application for an AHC Doctoral Scholarship.
- If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence that you meet the Faculty’s minimum English language requirements
Deadline: Application closing date is Wednesday, April 1, 2020.