Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Foundation in Germany is inviting applications for the Gifted Education & Culture International Scholarship Programme for Postgraduates and Doctoral candidates in 2021.
With its scholarship program, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung supports foreign students for a postgraduate or master’s Programme and doctoral candidates at German universities. It actively contributes to intercultural dialogue, the formation of international networks and the internationalization of universities.
You have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship from the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung abroad at the respective foreign offices. However, this requires that a selection conference be held in your country or region in the near future. In 2019, selection meetings will be held in Hong Kong, Belgrade, Warsaw, and Vilnius.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is granted by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research on the following:
- Depending on the economic situation of the parents, it can currently amount to up to € 649 per month.
- Regardless, every scholarship holder receives a monthly book allowance of € 300, Study stays abroad can be financially supported for up to two semesters.
- All benefits are granted as non-refundable grants.
- For scholarship holders with at least one child who has not reached the age of 10, a monthly childcare allowance can be granted. It is € 130, – per child.
- For grantees who receive a basic scholarship, a grant for health and long-term care insurance of up to € 86, – per month can be granted upon application.
- Students of all disciplines who fulfill the requirements of § 8 BAföG with regard to their nationality and who are regular students at state / state-recognized German universities, at colleges of higher education, at colleges of fine arts and music, at the Fernuniversität Hagen (only full-time -Students), at universities of applied sciences (colleges, which are funded according to the Landeshochschulgesetz) as well as at universities in other European countries (EU-countries and Switzerland) or will start studying at the next possible semester after the application deadline and are not older than 35 years;
- Dual degree programs can be supported if full-time study at the state or state-recognized universities is completed. The latter must be proven with the help of the enrollment certificate.
- as an applicant for the Promotion of Young Journalists (JONA): students of all disciplines; An application is recommended until the 3rd semester (Bachelor / Staatsexamen).
How to Apply
The following are the application procedures;
- The questionnaire: This extensive document is not just for collecting formal information about the person and about studying. Rather, we want to get a first impression of your personality and interests.
- The Report: The questions in the Personality Report concentrate on your understanding of values and your interests, on your commitment and on your individual characteristics. This report is not from the exhibitor of the university teacher or
- Your CV: This is not about connecting a tabular CV with just a few sentences. The corresponding information is provided in the questionnaire. Rather, you should use the formulated resume to make us curious: your personality, your motivation to apply to us, your motivation for your field of study and your volunteer work, and your strengths.
- Please enter your application at https://campus.kas.de and upload the above documents.
Deadline: Application closes January 31, 2021, and July 15.