Google PhD Fellowship Southeast Asia program
Aim and Benefits of Google PhD Fellowship Southeast Asia program
- Up to 3 year Fellowship
- US $10K per year for up to 3 years (or up to graduation, whichever is earlier) to cover stipend and other research related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel
- Google Research Mentor
Requirements for Google PhD Fellowship Southeast Asia program Qualification
- Students must remain enrolled full-time in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Google employees, and their spouses, children, and members of their household are not eligible.
- Students that are already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible. Government or non-profit organization funding is exempt.
- Past awardees from Australia and New Zealand, East Asia, India and Southeast Asia PhD Fellowship programs are not eligible to apply again.
Direct applicant students in Africa, India, Latin America and Southeast Asia
- Incoming PhD students are eligible to apply, but the Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for a full-time PhD program in computer science (or an adjacent field) within the academic award year of the Fellowship award, or the award shall be forfeited.
- Latin America: incoming or early stage-students enrolled in the first or second year of their PhD (no requirement for completion of graduate coursework by the academic award year).
- Grant of the Fellowship does not mean admission to a PhD program. The awardee must separately apply and be accepted to a PhD program in computer science (or an adjacent field) at an eligible institution.
- Grant of the Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institution where the awardee registers for the PhD program.
Africa, India, Latin America, and Southeast Asia: applications are open to universities/institutes in Africa, India, Latin America (excluding Cuba), and in eligible Southeast Asian countries/regions (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam).
Restrictions: All award payments and recipients will be reviewed for compliance with relevant US and international laws, regulations and policies. Google reserves the right to withhold funding that may violate laws, regulations or our policies.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Google PhD Fellowship Southeast Asia program
The Google PhD Fellowship Southeast Asia program application window is now open. Submit by 11:59:59pm UTC-12 (AOE) April 18, 2023. Notification of decisions will be made in July 2023.
April 18, 2023
How to Apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on organisation website.
- Africa PhD Fellowship program – https://cseduapplication.withgoogle.com/applications/phdfellowshipafrica2023
- PhD Fellowship India program – https://forms.gle/sR7YwnERxr2R1FK58
- PhD Fellowship Southeast Asia program – https://forms.gle/YrHwUoGLEsupdd6J6
The details of each Fellowship vary by region. Please see our FAQ for eligibility requirements and application instructions.
For more details visit: Google website.