Hubert Kairuki Memorial University admissions 2020/2021| Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU) Online Application form 2020/2021
Find HKMU Online Application/Admission 2020/2021. HKMU is hereby inviting Applications for various Postgraduate Degree Programmes, Undergraduate Courses, Certificate and Diploma Courses for the academic year 2020/2021. All applications are processed online through HKMU Website
Applicants are required to apply directly to the University through an online application portal available at: www.hkmu.ac.tz with a non-refundable application fee of TZS 50,000 or US$ 50 deposit receipt made to the University’ account.
- Students should indicate the school/department of their choice and the duration of their intended stay as per the application form
- Students must stay for the whole period of studies
- No remuneration or financial aid for students is available except for those coming under an exchange programme
- A student will be discontinued on any serious breach of University regulations or irregular attendance.
The Admissions Committee will be presented with short-listed candidates, by the admissions Officer. The final approval for admission will be granted by Senate. Candidates who do not meet the conditions for admission as stated in the Prospectus will be notified after application. Approved students are required to present original certificates for the Admissions Office to authenticate them.
Application Procedures & Instructions
Step 1: Read Admission Criteria
Before starting registration/application, read minimum admission requirements.
Step 2: Create Account (Signup Form)
Fill in the required information and create your account. Upon creating your account you will be given a CODE NUMBER (invoice number) for your application fee payment.
NOTE: Application fee is required on submission of your application. All payment should be done through TIGO Pesa, M-Pesa, Airtel Money OR Direct to CRDB Bank and use your given CODE NUMBER to pay TSH 50,000/= as an Application Fee. Payment verification should not be skipped. Skipping that step, you will not be able to continue to the next steps. After payment, please go back to OSIM on step 3 & 4 to complete your application.
Step 3: Log In
Use your Email Address and password created during step 2, then click sign in button to login and continue with your application.
Step 4: Internal Steps After Log In
After Login continue with internal steps and procedures to complete and submit your application.
READ ALSO: JOBS IN TANZANIA
For more information Visit hkmu.ac.tz
- Doctor of Medicine Click Here To Apply.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Programme. Click Here To Apply.
- Diploma in Nursing (Convention – Upgrade) 1 Year Click Here To Apply.
- Diploma in Nursing (e-Learning – Upgrade) 2 Year Click Here To Apply.
- Certificate in Social Work NTA Level 4 and NTA Level 5 Click Here To Apply.
- Certificate in Nursing 2 Years NTA Level 4 and NTA Level 5 Click Here To Apply.
- Master of Medicine in General Surgery Click Here To Apply.
- Master of Medicine in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Click Here To Apply.
- Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine Click Here To Apply.
- MMed in Paediatrics and child health Click Here To Apply.
- Master of Science in Public Health (MScPH) Click Here To Apply.
Careful scrutiny will done, confidential report must be brought from the Institution the candidate was previously admitted. Transfer due to discontinuation, disciplinary or poor academic performance will not be accepted. For a transferring student to get the University’s qualification, at least 50% of the training, must take place at the University. Students who do not have transferable credits will have to sit and pass relevant end of semester examinations as matriculation.
Admission of Visiting Students or special admission will operate under the Principle of Academic Credit Transfer. Under this scheme HKMU and the other institutions will communicate and agree on the transfer. Students who have completed one or two years of higher education elsewhere may be admitted to complete the course. For students who are transferring permanently, careful review will be done. Incase of doubt, especially regarding academic performance, the transferred student will be required to repeat the course.
Occasional Students (Electives)
Non-members of the University who wish to carry out elective period attachments at HKMU, will be admitted by approval of the Dean of the Faculty and Chairperson of the department concerned, and upon payment of fees. Such persons are not eligible to take University Examinations.
Application Procedures for Electives
Interested applicants should send a letter of intent to HKMU, with the following attachments:
- A letter of introduction from the current University or College
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 passport size photographs
- A summary of the objectives of the proposed electives.
Once applications are accepted, students should process Visa and medical insurance from their country . On arrival, they will be required to pay an elective fee of US$400, for four weeks of study duration.The University will help non- East African nationals’ students to obtain class C residence permits (this should be done well in advance, although assistance will also provide on their arrival). Documents required for permit are:
- Photocopy of their passport
- Birth Certificate
- Letter of introduction from their respective Universities
- Duly filled immigration forms
- Five passport size photographs
- A residence permit fee of US$250.
East African nationals (Kenya,Uganda ,Burundi and Rwanda) will have to apply for exemption certificates which are obtained free of charge.
The University understands the importance of diverse cultural experiences to a growing nation like Tanzania. International students are admitted if they have qualifications required of Tanzania students. They must also be English speakers.
The University requires all new students to report to the University, on the opening of the University for the orientation programme. An important programme that will introduce new students to the University’s campus, facilities, staff and regulations.
Students can only be registered after paying the required fees.The deadline for registration for all students will be a month from the opening of the University. A student who fails to register at the beginning of the semester in the time will lose the right to register for that semester.
Documents required for Registration
- Evidence of payment of fees
- Medical Examination Report
- Original certificates and transcripts (Form four & six)
- Original admission letter
- 6 Photographs (4 passport size and 2 stamp size photographs)
- Passport if the applicant is a foreign student and other documents relevant to the processing of residence permits
- Birth certificate.