- The scholarship will reduce the student’s tuition and fees cost to reflect the residency tuition rate.
- Other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be admitted to UHV and registered full-time (minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate and minimum of 9-credits for graduate). Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to UHV. However, a scholarship applicant must be admitted to UHV as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. Please visit International Student Admissions for more information.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the Spring and Summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity, all Spring scholarship recipients must be registered for full-time course load online (Summer only) or Face-to-Face. All Spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the Fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- Have F-1 or J-1 student visa.
- S. Transfer International students must be in good academic and immigration status.
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Submit the completed International Student Merit Scholarship Application Form.
- Attend the mandatory international student orientation and plan to arrive to UHV five business days prior to the first class day.
- International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The Royal Golden Jubilee Ph.D. Scholarship Program
How to Apply
The form and documents must be submitted via email to international-at-uhv.edu with subject line “merit scholarship” paper submissions will not be accepted by the international programs.
Deadline: Completed applications need to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester deadline: June 15
- Spring semester deadline: November 15
Merit scholarship for spring semester is only awarded for spring and summer semester. All spring scholarship recipients must take part-time or full-time summer course load (online or F2F) and is required to take summer courses. All spring merit scholarship recipients must re-apply for the following year Merit Scholarship.