Background: about Doctors with Africa CUAMM Trustees
Doctors with Africa CUAMM Trustees is a health organisation that implement health projects to help availability of quality healthcare especially to the most vulnerable. CUAMM Trustees focuses on designing health system strengthening projects, with particular attention to the needs of women and children, and tailored to the specific needs of the countries where the organization carries out projects. Through its evidence-based approach, CUAMM works to remove the barriers preventing communities from accessing health services, and to improve the quality of the same services, to achieve accessible, quality and equitable healthcare for everyone.
CUAMM is currently carrying on a HIV Test & Treat Project in the Regions of Shinyanga and Simiyu, with the aim of implementing testing and counselling services in the two regions and supporting six Care and Treatment Clinics (CTC). One of the components of the project consists of a HIV Differentiated Service Delivery Model for PLHIV to decentralize the ARV treatment (CLUB model).
CUAMM is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Position: 2 Medical doctors:
- 1 for Shinyanga Regional Referral Hospital CTC
- 1 for Bugisi CTC and Health Centre
- Treatment coordinator/Project Manager
- Contribution in clinical activities of the CLUBs
- Report to Shinyanga Test & Treat Office for monthly medical
- supervision and data collection
- Supervise the clinical activities of the CLUBs of RRH/Bugisi HC, collaborating with the CLUB’s staff
- Support clinical work in RRH / Bugisi HC Wards with a special focus on HIV clients
- Organize weekly meeting with CLUB staff (CLUB nurse and CLUB responsible) in order to supervise CLUB activities and overcome challenges encountered at community level
- Participate at monthly meetings with Treatment coordinator and data clerk for CLUB data collection and supervision
- Support clinical activities in CTC and in the ward with focus on clients with HIV
- Supervise CTC organization, clinical decision-making process for difficult HIV clients, prevention mother to child transmission (PMTCT), diagnosis of treatment and prevention of opportunistic infections among HIV clients
- Support HIV children clinic activities in RRH/Bugisi HC CTC
- Support data entering (CTC data clerk)
- Support the Treatment coordinator in data quality supervision and managing
- Support the Treatment coordinator in generating reports
Specific tasks per RRH duty station
- Organize and supervise the donation of drugs to CTC pharmacy and internal medicine wards, collaborating with CUAMM nurse and hospital staff for RRH hospital
Specific tasks per Bugisi duty station
- Support and guide the process of drug ordering (CTC pharmacy)
Required qualifications and experience
- Medical school degree
- Experience in CTC setting
- Previous experience with international NGOs is preferred
- Excellent English, both written and spoken, is required.
- Regional Referral Hospital (Shinyanga)
- Bugisi HC (Shinyanga DC)
Deadline for application
- Deadline for submission of applications is 31st May 2020
Mode of Applications
All applications should be enclosed with verified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than deadline date of this vacancy to the email address below indicating clearly in the mail subject “VACANCY APPLICATION – MEDICAL DOCTOR”
Test & Treat Project Manager
Doctors with Africa (CUAMM Trustees)
Shinyanga office, Tanzania,
e-mail: [email protected]
Applicants also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified, an interview will be held at CUAMM Trustees Office in Shinyanga, no costs will be refunded to applicants.
In case you do not hear from us in three weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
- Total Jobs 7 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam