ACDI/VOCA is a global development organization working in over 60 countries around the world. In Tanzania, ACDI/VOCA is implementing the USAID-funded Feed the Future Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity, which aims to transform the Tanzanian horticulture market system into a more vibrant, competitive, resilient, and inclusive one capable of fueling sustained growth and drawing in new market participants.
ACDI/VOCA believes that all people should have the opportunity to achieve better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. With diverse partners, ACDI/VOCA empowers people to succeed in the global economy.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented professional for the Accountant position. The position is based in Dar es Salaam and responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties involving preparing, maintaining, verifying, and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records, and reports. Assists in the preparation of the annual audit, monthly reports, year-end closing, and statutory compliance. Supports adherence to ACDI-VOCA and USAID rules and regulations with strict emphasis on internal controls while ensuring that all financial related documents are well organized and filed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes financial documents.
- Assist with the processing of all field office travel advances, payments to vendors, and employee expense reports on a timely basis and ensure that evidence of expenditure meets ACDI/VOCA standards.
- Prepares journal vouchers for review, approval, and authorization.
- Confirms that the coding of financial transactions is complete and accurate in the disbursement voucher pack and reviews all other supporting documents to ensure that they are valid for reimbursement. confirms that the staff have no outstanding advances.
- Initiate payments within the banking and mobile systems.
- Comply with ACDI/VOCA financial and administrative policies regarding financial activities.
- Assist in maintaining an effective internal control system to ensure the prevention and detection of fraud and errors.
- Maintain program accounts in accordance with USAID and ACDI/VOCA accounting rules and regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, the general ledger, cashbook, journal entries, etc.
- Help with the financial reporting process at the end of the month by reconciling bank accounts, mobile transactions, and balance sheet items and looking into any discrepancies and oddities.
- supports internal and external audits.
- Financial record management
- Organize accounting and record keeping systems and procedures for filing and easy retrieval of records.
- Ensure that disbursement voucher packs are filled out correctly and that financial documents are scanned and ready to be uploaded to SharePoint every day and every week.
- Posting financial transactions into ACDI’s accounting system (QuickBooks) on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all supporting documents are attached and compliant with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties that the finance manager may assign.
- A bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma in accounting or finance from a recognized higher learning institution
- at least three years of experience working on USAID-funded projects in accounting or financial control.
- demonstrated strong knowledge of standard accounting practices (GAAP) and basic financial management.
- Knowledge of applicable related rules and regulations, as set out by ACDI-VOCA and USAID, will be an added advantage.
- working knowledge of an accounting package such as QuickBooks will be an added advantage.
- Good analytical skills, including the ability to collect and analyze data and come up with good suggestions for what to do,
- proven ability to effectively use databases, spreadsheets, word processing, and position-specific software.
- ability to exercise appropriate judgment and tact while protecting confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively with people on all levels, both inside and outside the company.
- demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than February 3, 2023. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Total Jobs 26 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam