Job Title: Accountant
Duty station: Morogoro, Tanzania
- Passionate about social justice and smallholder farmers
- Possessing a professional qualification such as CPA
- More than two years of experience in accounts
- At least 2 years’ experience in preparation of final accounts and audit?
- Familiar with financial account package – sage pastel
- Fluent in English, Kiswahili and French?
- Able to write a fundable proposal?
- Able to work with non-governmental organization in Morogoro?
- To ensure adherence to the Financial Policy and Manual of the organization
- Supervise and coordinate the provision of all administrative, personnel and financial support require to the project
- Ensuring that appropriate control reporting structure are maintained in accordance with ESAFF Rules and Regulations.
- Manage organization accounting and financial system by ensuring that appropriate control and reporting structures are maintained in accordance with ESAFF financial rules and regulations, and co-ordinate use of filed financial resources.
- Coordinate and act as focal point for issues relating to finance (including the budget; process of invoices and receipt of funds, staff salary, PAYE and other taxes, all other staff entitlements )
- Oversee in procurement processes and ensure timely payments for all services and goods delivered
- Account for funds from ESAFF members in Eastern and Southern Africa
- Prepare periodic financial forecast and financial reports (monthly/ quarterly and Annual) using sage pastel
- Prepare Trial Balance, final accounts.
- Prepare payrolls, overseeing books of accounts in SAGE PASTELL system and manage auditing.
- Ensure financial internal control
- To assist in preparation of meetings such as staff, board, exco meetings and annual general meetings.
- To coordinate preparation of the operation budget, monitoring of the approved budget and control the expenditure thereof.
- Support nation chapter to improve financial management, and timely reporting.
- Arrange for fund transfers and replenishments to National Forums
- Support ESAFF region coordinator in FUNDRAISE activities.
- To plan and initiate matters issues regard to fundraising for ESAFF and its members
Mode of application
Please indicate the title of the Job you are applying for on the subject line
Note: If you are not contacted two weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.