THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GENDER, ELDERLY AND
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals to fill the following vacant positions:-
Job Title: Accountant (1 Position)
Reporting To: Programme Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with regional, district and implementing partners in development and review of National Guidelines, Training Packages, strategic plan, operational plan, assessment tools for proper provision of quality Services and data management of Malaria Commodities.
- Build capacity to health care workers and partners on Malaria commodity Logistics System in order to ensure data quality, timely reporting and adherence to the National guidelines, develop an assessment tool to assist in evaluating performance of supply chain system and ensure key performance Indicators are monitored to improve supply chain management
- Identify potential break downs in the Malaria commodities supply chain and taking corrective and remedial actions to avoid service interruptions for improvement of health services
- Prepare detailed Monthly and quarterly stock status reports and other detailing reports on Malaria and supplies, procurements and deliveries in pipeline, and stocks at risk of expiries and stock outs.
- To oversee logistics at MSD involving Malaria commodities.
- To coordinate Zonal MSD in ensuring availability of Malaria commodities.
- To coordinate Monthly MCM-Technical Working Group meetings.
- Provide continuous feedback to all Implementing partners on grants performance
- Conduct periodic review of local partner internal controls and policies for advice on strengthening and transaction verification through monitoring reports and transaction analysis
- Support in setting grant management policies, and developing and enforcing procedures that assure transparency in the grants processes.
- Primary responsibility for preparation of grant deliverables pertaining to grant implementation as agreed with the GF
- Guide and steer the development of costed national strategies to guide investments
- Provide guidance and stewardship on implementation of programs
- Responsible for implementation of activities under the MoHCDGEC while ensuring delivery of quality services and assurance thereof
- Tracking performance of grant s and grant results, including preparation of PU/PUDR
- Availability of and assurance of data to support decisions, including undertaking periodic national DQR
- Based on monitoring of grant implementation, initiate and provide rationale for reprogramming based on need and the principle of investing to attain impact
- Monitors investments to assess progress towards impact and outcome
- Facilitate and support periodic external program reviews to assess progress on national strategic goals and targets
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, International Affairs and Policy, or a related discipline. Having an MBA will be an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Experience managing budgets and cost projections
- Proven ability managing, and guiding project staff and partners regarding donor rules and regulations.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills in multicultural working environment.
- Strong proficiency in English and Kiswahili languages.
- Flexible, Adaptable, Detail-oriented and Team Player
- Computer literacy, particularly word processing and spreadsheets.
- Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 2.3 year Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds)
Details on How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please send your cover letter describing why you are the right candidate for the position, a curriculum vitae/resume detailing your experience, relevant copy of certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants. Successfully candidates should be ready to relocate to Dodoma. To find out more about these positions kindly visit www.moh.go.tz
Note: All applications should be sent on or before 12th September, 2018 to:-
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children,
University of Dodoma,
Faculty of Social Science in Community Development,
Building No 11, P.O Box 743,