Job at Morogoro Saving the Poor Organization,
Accountant x1 (Volunteer)
Morogoro Mjini Morogoro Report to: Program Director
- Prepare MOSAPORG
- Prepare payment requests and obtain appropriate approvals and
- Processing of payment vouchers and passing journal vouchers.
- Preparation of Cash Books.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statement.
- Responsible for maintaining the Fixed Assets register.
- Prepare the financial reports according to the Donors Requirements.
- Review Journal and Payment Vouchers ensuring they are adequately supported, properly classified and allocated to appropriate program and overhead accounts before posting.
- Review, monitor and reconcile accounts receivable, other than staff advances, and payable ensuring they are settled and cleared from the books.
- Prepare supporting documents required for financial statements submissions to Executive Director.
- Ensure all soft copy reports (sent to Executive Director) are properly kept in the Financial Report files.
- Assist in the preparation of online payments.
- Be an alternate MOSAPORG agent in dealing with bank.
- Provide requisite cooperation with external auditors and organizations undertaking audits and/or financial reviews.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Participate in staff orientation, training, development, and team-building for all staff within and outside the department.
- Act as Internal Auditor.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Program Director .
Academic and/or Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce: or holder of Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Commerce.
- At least One year of progressively responsible experience in Projects Management, including at least one year working with non-profit organizations or Fresh Graduates .
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, such as Quick Books, ACCPAC, etc.
- Ability to perform account reconciliations.
- Knowledge of Project management.
- Ability to Collect Data and Analyzing Data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Analytical and report presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Applicant Must Live in Morogoro
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, submit your Cover letter describing why you are the right candidate for MOSAPORG and curriculum vitae/Resume detailing your experience with three referees to [email protected] or by posting to:
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR MOSAPORG ,
Mbuyuni Street/Near by Muslim University (MUM) Kihonda Maghorofani Ward
P.O. Box 1509,
Closing date for applications: 23rd December 2019 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).