Roles and Responsibilities:
- Enter financial data into the computerized accounting system.
- Process accounts payable and ensure timely payment as per organization policy.
- Process statutory payments according to national laws and regulations e.g. with-holding tax, stamp duty etc.
- Submit monthly, six monthly and annual returns to the Tanzania Revenue Authority.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing financial reports including budget forecasts and analyses, quarterly financial statements and reports to donors.
- Assist the Manager with preparations for annual external audit.
- Maintain paper and electronic financial files and organizational documents.
- File payment vouchers, bank statements, invoices and receipts.
- Assist Manager with procurement processes in line with Chamwino Land Administration
- SPV Ltd Procurement Policy.
- Follow up on outstanding payments.
- Assist with office administrative duties as required (e.g. arranging insurance, licenses and permits, answering telephone enquiries, purchasing office supplies).
- Other tasks as directed by the senior management.
- Diploma/Degree of Commerce in Accounting or related field.
- Experience Requirements:
- Five years experience in finance and accounting of the similar or related position.
- Familiarity with Quick Books software will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge on MS Office packages (Word and Excel).
- Methodical and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English and Kiswahili speaker and writer.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Presentable and professional.
How to Apply.
Please submit your CV with a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) to email address
[email protected] in PDF that outlines how your experience and skills make you the most suitable candidate for the role by 02nd September 2019. Please note that applications that do not comply with these requirements will not be considered.