- Announcement Number:
- Dar es Salaam -2022-045
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Position Title:
- Accounting Technician (Cost Containment Accountant) – Internal
- Open Period:
- 05/24/2022 – 05/31/2022Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0410 8
- TZS TSh38,384,127
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- 1 Vacancy in
Dar Es Salaam, TZ
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Internal to an agency (searchable on USAJOBS)
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- Current Employees of the Mission – This includes U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); Declared Members of Household (MOHs), dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Accounting Technician (Cost Containment Accountant) in the Financial Management Section.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
The incumbent reports to Financial Specialist and his/her responsibilities include: 1) capture resources under the International Cooperative Administrative Support Services ( ICASS) allocation process, 2) recapture lost resources under the Personnel and TDY Billing Policy, 3) serve as the primary contact with ICASS Customer Agencies, 4) coordinate and provide information source to the ICASS Council representatives and Working Group on ICASS workload count related issues 5) oversee cost containment initiatives and 6) supervise Administrative Clerk (Utilities).
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Five years of work experience in accounting, auditing or data analytics is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business management, commerce, economics or accounting is required.
- Post may choose to add the phrase “This may be tested” after a language, skill, and/or ability. Review the VA template for specific information.
Language: Fluency (reading, speaking, and writing) in English is required and Fluency (reading, speaking, and writing) in Kiswahili is required. “This may be tested”.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Benefits: The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- How to Apply:
To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business management, commerce, economics or accounting is required.
• Degree with transcript
• Proof of Citizenship (Passport or Voters card)
• Copy of National Identification Card – Mandatory to attach
• Other Document
• Other Document 2
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
The deadline for submitting the application is 6 June 2022.