The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent. World class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
Posted by Mabumbe.
Post Title : Accounts Officer – 1 post
Duty Station : EWURA- Head Office – Dodoma
Reports to : Senior Accountant
Accounts Officer will be responsible for routine accounting processes to ensure the proper recording , timely payments and reporting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare, record and file all payment vouchers.
- To prepare, record and file all credit notes.
- To record all receipts, journal vouchers, debit notes and petty cash summary and maintains respective file containing those documents.
- To post all authorized transactions in the system and ensure that system records portray true and updated financial position of the Authority on a daily basis.
- To maintain and reconcile all accounts receivable including amounts due from staff to ensure prompt and regular collection of dues.
- To maintain and reconcile all accounts payable including statutory dues to ensure correct and timely payment for the good and services obtained by the Authority.
- To keep and update the Fixed Assets Register of the Authority.
- To maintain and reconcile banking transactions ensuring timely banking.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience;
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Finance or equivalent from a recognized higher learning institution.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) will be an added advantage.
- No prior working experience is required but possession or relevant working experience will be an added advantage.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage. achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under mentioned by 09th August ,2019.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857, DODOMA