Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Study Coordinator
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: November 30th 2022
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for all day-to-day administrative and human resource-related activities in the Clinical Trials Facility which falls within the Interventions and Clinical Trials Department. The Admin Assistant duties include: reporting, employee welfare/study participants follow up, and supply chain activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform day-to-day follow-ups to ensure the actual implementation of new programs under the research Department.
- Coordinate and manage imprest request and retirement for project staff.
- Coordinate with other administrators to ensure smooth flow of activities and that all the projects get the support they need.
- Offer administrative support such as scanning, mailing and printing, when needed; populate required documents accordingly.
- Provide logistical support.
- Ensure participant privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
- Ensure patient compensation and transportation of scheduled and unscheduled visits.
- Cooperate with all Facility staff.
- Performs any related duties as requested.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Public/Business Administration, Human Resources, or any related field.
- At least two years of work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- A team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Capable of using a computerized management system.
- Capable of multitasking while remaining enthusiastic, diplomatic and welcoming.
- Flexible, open to change and supportive of others, and with good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00 hours on Wednesday November 30th 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: Admin Assistant – Clinical Trials. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]