The Agriculture Markets Development Trust (AMDT) has been established by the Governments of Denmark, Ireland, Sweden and Switzerland in 2014 and the current Trustee is KPMG. The Trust has been established as a long term facility with the overall objective of increasing incomes and employment opportunities for poor women, men, and young people in Tanzania. With a strong pro-poor focus, the Trust works with the Private Sector, Government and Civil Society Organisations to promote the making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P)/Market Systems Development (MSD) approach that stimulates changes to market systems leading to broad and sustained impact on the lives of smallholder farmers as well as competitiveness of agricultural MSMEs. AMDT achieves this by investing, together with market actors, in interventions that are: (i) based on diagnosed constraints and pro-poor opportunities, (ii) are well coordinated to enhance the leveraging of investments and resources targeting similar outcomes, (iii) stimulate the development of inclusive, competitive, and resilient agricultural market systems, leading to sustained benefits and impacts for the productive poor.
In order to improve its ongoing interventions in the country, AMDT is now seeking qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill new vacant full-time positions. Brief descriptions and qualification requirements for the open positions are outlined below.
Reports to: Human Resources and Administration Officer (HRAO).
Scope of Work:
• Welcome visitors, determine nature of business and inform relevant AMDT personnel;
• Assist in making travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff;
• Answer, screen and forward phone calls questions about AMDT and provide callers with address, directions and other information as authorized by AMDT;
• Assist in monitoring use of utilities (like water and electricity);
• Administratively assist in coordinating outreach activities arising like team building or AMDT events;
• Compile records of supplies, monitors and checks both quantity and quality of supplies from time to time;
• Preparation of routine correspondence, meeting notes, routine reports and replying to general information requests;
• Support with dispatching and receiving letters and any documentation or publication reports;
• Gathering and archiving all related media publications;
• Oversee office general cleanliness;
• Supervise simple routine maintenance services within the office;
• Any other duty assigned by the Human Resources and Administration Officer and any other by Senior Management Team;
• Attend and support minutes taking during staff meetings.
• Highly organised person;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Ability to set priorities, organize tasks, and achieve them;
• Ability to work under minimal supervision;
• Is proactive, has self-drive, is disciplined, and committed;
• S/he has Integrity and flexible approaches of work;
• S/he has Effective time management skills;
• Maintenance of confidentiality at all times.
Education, Training and Experience
• At least a Diploma in Business/ Public Administration or any related field;
• At least four years of work experience in similar position with a reputable organization;
• Proven experience with MS Office Applications.
• and/or Certification in Project or Program Management, a plus
To be considered for any position, an applicant must submit her/his CV (5 Pages Maximum), a capability statement letter that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualifications for the position (2 pages Maximum), and a copy of degree certificates only. All applications to be send to: [email protected] and must be received on 18th August 2020 not later than 16.00 hrs EA time.
In the subject line of the email, write the title of the position for which you are applying. Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview. AMDT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply.