Administrative Assistant, G-5 (Arusha)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 14 July 2020
OFFICE : Registry/Archives and Records Section
LOCATION : Arusha
JOB OPENING NUMBER : 2020/IRMCT/REG/MARS/070-GS
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Organizational setting and Reporting:
This position is located within the Mechanism Archives and Records Section (MARS) of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT), Arusha Branch. Under the supervision of the Head Archivist, MARS Arusha, the incumbent will be responsible for performing activities related to administration within MARS Arusha.
- Assist in the planning, organisation and administration of the Section’s work. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Maintain the Section’s filing system and non-specialised
- Collect and organise data on programme and project activities, and prepare periodic and ad hoc
- Arrange meetings, briefings and training sessions, and prepare background
- Organize and coordinate administrative arrangements for events and
- Undertake special projects assigned by the Chief Archivist / Deputy Chief
- Providing administrative assistance to the Chief Archivist / Deputy Chief Archivist. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Receive, register and track formal
- Prepare and distribute outgoing
- Arrange meetings and prepare meeting
- Organise official
- Act as focal point for time and attendance monitoring.
- Assist with preparation of budget submissions, and monitor accounts and
- Provide advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with other administrative services as
- Perform other duties as required.
- Professionalism – Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team
- Planning and Organising – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Work Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of experience in administration. Completion of relevant Umoja courses, including requisitioning and attendance monitoring, would be an asset. Experience in specialized databases (finance, records management, email) an asset. Experience working within the United Nations common system or other International Organization is desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of French, Kinyarwanda and/or Kiswahili is an asset.
A ssessment Method:
There may be a technical test followed by a competency-based interview.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The appointment is limited to the Mechanism. Appointment of the successful candidate on this position will be limited to the initial funding of the post. Extension of the appointment is subject to the extension of the mandate and/or the availability of funds. Appointments of staff members in the United Nations are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General.
HOW TO APPLY:
NOTE FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES:
- Staff at the G-4 and G-5 levels are eligible to apply; the requirement for one year post occupancy is
- Interested staff members must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable via personal inspira accounts (in PDF format) or the Mechanism website. Please submit all documents including the PHP, a Cover Letter, and the last two e- PAS’s ELECTRONICALLY AS ONE DOCUMENT to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line.
- Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) as per OHRM instructions. Evidence of passing the ASAT/GGST is encouraged in order to assess the need for
NOTE FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES:
- External applicants must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable from the Mechanism website (www.irmct.org) and forward electronically AS ONE DOCUMENT to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line. Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) in the duty station as per OHRM instructions. Evidence of passing the ASAT/GGST is encouraged in order to assess the need for testing.
- The appointment of the successful candidate will be on a local
NOTE FOR PREVIOUSLY ROSTERED CANDIDATES
Roster candidates must express their interest and availability for published job openings by submitting an updated PHP and cover letter.
P LEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE AT MIDNIGHT (THE HAGUE TIME) ON THE CLOSING D ATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 14 July 2020
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!