The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position below.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Vacancy Number: DaresSalaam-2019-039
The incumbent oversees, directs, and executes all administrative functions and responsibilities for the Medical Unit as assigned by the Direct Hire Foreign Service Medical Specialists (RMO, RMOP, and MP). The incumbent acts as a liaison and facilitator between the medical unit staff, officers from different sections of the Mission, family members, LE Staff, personnel from other agencies and regional posts, and medical, nursing and ancillary health services within the local community. The incumbent is under the direct supervision of the Medical Provider.
PS: additional Major Duties and Responsibilities are attached separately to the vacancy announcement.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year of experience as an Office Manager or Administrative Assistant is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Understanding of basic accounting principles are required.
- Education Requirements:
- Two years of general college or university studies is required.
- LANGUAGE: English level III (Good working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required. (this may be tested)
Swahili level III Local Language (good working knowledge, speaking/reading/writing) is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Outlook to organize tasks, calendars, and contact databases; MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) to organize and present information, and Internet Explorer is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required is available at: https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants MUST follow instructions in the notice on the website: Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only via email.
CLOSING DATE: October 8, 2019
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!