The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position below.
Position Title: Administrative Clerk (Utilities)
Vacancy Number: DaresSalaam-2020-002
UTILITY METER MANAGEMENT: 35%
1. Responsible for managing the utility meter readings for the Embassy compound (NEC), the CDC off-site office space and over 100 government-owned and leased residences in Post’s housing pool.
2. Meter Reading Coordination: Ensures that DAWASCO (water utility) and TANESCO (electricity utility) make timely and accurate readings of water and electric meters for the NEC, CDC office, and all residences. Keeps utility companies apprised of the most current list of Embassy meters and locations. Coordinates appropriate security access for the utilities to the properties as needed for monthly meter readings. Completes monthly spot checks of a selection of residential property access records to ensure meter readings are taking place.
3. Meter Troubleshooting/Resolution: Fosters a robust working relationship with key utility company contacts to ensure accurate meter readings for billing statements. When monthly consumption is unusually high, initiates and coordinates a timely review of the meter reading with the utility company. Actively works with the utility company to promptly resolve issues ranging from incorrect meter readings to water leaks, coordinating with internal Embassy offices as required.
DATA ENTRY TREES UTILITY MODULE: 60%
1. Responsible for the monthly entry of utility data for electricity, water and generator diesel fuel consumption into the TREES utility module for meters and generator diesel tanks at the NEC, CDC office and over 100 government-owned and leased residences in Post’s housing pool. Data entry includes dates of consumption, consumption units, monthly cost and meter readings for each meter/property.
2. Must coordinate closely with the Budget and Fiscal Voucher Examiners and Budget Analysts to promptly receive copies of utility bills and diesel fuel consumption. Must complete precise, accurate data entry of all properties under compressed time schedule to ensure electronic submission to the Overseas Building Office (OBO) within two weeks of receipt of bills.
3. Produces a monthly TREES-generated usage report for the Management Officer, General Services Officer and Financial Management Officer’s review. Identifies unusual consumption in a given month and pro-actively works with the utility company and internal Embassy offices to resolve any outstanding issues.
TREES/UTILITY SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: 5%
1. Serves as Post’s primary subject matter expert on TREES. Serves as the primary point of contact between OBO and Post for all data entry related issues. Keeps abreast of all changes to the TREES software and OBO TREES reporting requirements.
2.Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisory Voucher Examiner, the Financial Specialist, or the FMO.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Three years of progressively responsible experience in data entry or utility management work required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school (Form VI) is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) in English and Kiswahili (speaking, reading and writing) is required. (this may be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Secondary (form VI) Certificate
- Proof of Citizenship
- Other (if any)
- Other 2 (if any)
- Copy of work permit (if not a citizen)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only via email.
CLOSING DATE: February 6, 2020
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!