Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of Tanzania and world at large. The priorities include: HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH), Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; as academic and nonacademic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH (Sub recipient) in collaboration with Deloitte Consulting Limited (Prime) through USAID funded Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program–HIV and Tuberculosis (C3HP HIV TB) seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies based in Dar es salaam and 6 supported regions of Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe and Ruvuma.
POSITION TITLE: Advisor – ART Retention and Community Based Health Service Delivery (6 Posts)
LOCATION: Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe and Ruvuma
REPORTS TO: Senior Advisor Quality Service Delivery
The Advisor- ART Retention and Community Based Health Service Delivery is a selfmotivated individual who will be responsible for providing overall technical leadership and oversight of ART Retention and Community based health services interventions and services at regional, district and facility site level. This includes; keeping abreast with key advances/priorities in the area of ART Retention and Community based health services implementation; translating into practice, key program, national and global priorities; as well as working with and providing substantive and technical direction and assistance to other regional staff at supported region. She/he will work in close collaboration with the respective regional and district level health management teams and C3HP supported facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead and oversee planning, implementation and M&E of ART Retention and Community Based Health Service under the C3HP Program, in her/his respective region.
2. Provide oversight and lead the implementation of key ART Retention and Community Based Health Service program initiatives to address program, donor and national priorities – such as accelerating various ART retention initiatives including Community ART services – in line with Tanzania national guidelines.
3. Actively participate in and provide technical assistance (TA) to Regional & Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMT), supported health facilities and community structures in planning and implementation of ART Retention and Community Based Health programs and services.
4. Conduct regular need assessment, on ART Retention and Community Based Health Services provision in her/his region and organize efforts to address these needs -; including areas of capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the R/CHMT.
5. Oversee and ensure efficient management of regional ART Retention and Community Health Service project expenditure and other resources as per approved work-plan and budget.
6. Ensure timely collection and submission of ART Retention and Community Based Health Service data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
7. Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize ART Retention and Community Based Health Service data to inform regional plans, priorities and resource allocation.
8. Lead efforts to identify gaps in ART Retention and Community Based Health Service provision, design and implement Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) initiatives to address the gaps identified.
9. Engage and facilitate strategic collaboration with key technical and communitybased stakeholders, in improving ART Retention and overall provision of Community health services including community leaders.
10. Organize and support routine meetings with key project stakeholders to share, monitor and evaluate program progress towards assigned targets.
11. Prepare timely quarterly and annual narrative reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents on ART Retention and Community Based Health services as assigned by line manager.
12. Support and advise the line manager on all ART Retention and Community Based Health Service issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences or Medical degree (MD) or Advance Diploma in Medicine or Nursing Degree.
2. Master’s degree Public Health or related discipline preferred.
3. Minimum 5 years’ work experience in facility-based HIV services including 3 years’ experience in ART Retention and/or Community health program planning and implementation at the regional level.
4. Working knowledge of PEPFAR-funded HIV programs.
5. Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization, CQI and Operational research in the HIV ART Continuity and Community health services delivery.
6. Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
7. Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
8. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
9. Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
10. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
11. Ability to travel to implementation regions a minimum of 80% of time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above position should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email [email protected] by 8 th December 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 08 December 2021.