ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Assistant 1- Exploration
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Supervisor-Coreshed
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role of Assistant 1 within the resourcing and execution group is to ensure that there are safe and efficient work processes mainly sampling and support at site coreshed, core yard and remote coreshed for RC, DD and grab sampling, DD core cutting, Core photographing’s, S.G measure and any other support activities including manual work such as core moving and sample disposals.
- Certificate of Secondary education or certificate in Geology.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least six months experience in sampling or exploration or ore cutting.
- Possession of valid Tanzania driving license is an added advantage.
M MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensuring HSE is compliant.
- Preparation of sampling implements bags and labels.
- Drilling Pad preparation and reclamation.
- Undertakes sampling of soil, trench, Pit, Bleg RC, DD, RAB and Rock samples.
- Magnetic Susceptibility determination.
- Specific Gravity determination.
- Core photographing.
- Sample weighing and recording.
- Sample sorting and storage.
- Core moves and tray re labelling.
- DD core cutting.
- Drill pad rehabilitation support.
- Underground RC sampling and drying.
- Good communication skills (Able to speak and understand English language).
- Be physically and mentally fit and hard working.
- Be able to work at minimum supervision.
- Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Assistant 1 – Exploration”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 04th November 2022 at 5:30 Pm.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com