ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Assistant 1 – Record Management.
Contract type & Duration: Fixed Term Contract (One Year – Non-Renewable)
Department: Human Resources
Re Reporting to: Senior Document Controller
Number of Positions: Seventeen (17)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To p To provide records management support to Senior Document Controller including but not limited to
docu document ment separation, scanning indexing and archiving
- Degree or Diploma in any related course
- Certificates in Records Management would be an added advantage.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Experience in records Management or imaging programs would be an advantage.
MAI MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Prepare documents for scanning.
- Mediate handover of records from departments, register and send for approval when appropriate.
- Sort and consolidate documents into logical groups for scan processing.
- Retrieve and prepare documents for imaging/scanning.
- Prepare documents with barcode separator pages.
- Ensure the availability of barcode separators.
- Sort batches into efficient workflows for document scanners; and
- Prepare daily and weekly reports.
- Responsible for converting hard copy records into digital format using high-resolution scanners.
- Properly handle all archival materials/documents.
- Scan all documentation handed over to the project as per the processing criteria; enter descriptive information’s of the scanned image and import in drive or software as and when required.
- Keep a record of all scanned documents, collate all figures, and prepare daily and weekly reports.
- Match document count to scan count to ensure all documents have been imaged when required.
- Electronically push collated batches to server for saving weekly.
- Ensure that images of documents scanned are captured per standard with proper adjustments (Properly skewed, rotated and legible).
- Reconcile records of scanned documents after quality control; and
- Assist in retrieval of images when required.
- Collect input data and update the closure liability estimates on a quarterly basis.
- Indexing the digital records into SharePoint according to GGM Document and Records Management Standards.
- Organize the scanned documents into the relevant libraries in SharePoint according to GGM Document and Records Management Standard.
- Registering all records onto the relevant department document register; and
- Maintaining the department document register and ensuring the register is up to date.
- Lead the archiving process once the records have been scanned.
- Process all documents as noted on handover register (Archive, Refile, Destroy);
- Prepare and ensure the approval of retention schedules.
- Arrange for periodic quality control with the department’s contact persons.
- Organize and prepare record boxes for storage.
- Oversee the destruction of documents marked for destruction; and
- Prepare daily, weekly report on archiving
ADD ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to drive as well as possessing a valid driving license.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Adhering to policies, procedures, and quality controls in relation to electronic imaging.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Flexible, proactive, diligent, and self-motivated approach to work.
- Must be highly organized.
- Demonstrate proficiency using computers and related storage requirements, and Microsoft office utilities, preferably Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and SharePoint.
- Occasional lifting of objects.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Assistant 1 – Records Management’’
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 3rd January 2023 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
- Total Jobs 245 Jobs
- Location Geita