ASA Microfinance (Tanzania) Limited, incorporated under the Companies Act 2002 (No. 93819) of Tanzania and an affiliate of ASA International (www.asa–international.com), one of the largest microfinance companies in the world. We are hereby inviting qualified citizens of Tanzania to be part of our team for the following positions. ASA Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer who requires dynamic, loyal and committed young men and women who have passion for people’s socioeconomic development to fill in the following positions for immediate appointment.
Position: Assistant Chief Finance Officer (ACFO)-01 Post
- Ensures that ASA Microfinance meets regulatory and compliance needs.
- Provides direction, leadership, and educational needs to line managers.
- Provides financial expertise in the planning of new services and the expansion of existing services promoting revenue growth.
- Participating in ASA Microfinance monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office and Operation meetings as deemed necessary
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing costs including participation in performance improvement activities and committees.
- Participates in the oversight of the functions of the Accounting Department to ensure completion of work in specified time frames according to departmental, division or corporate policies.
- Select, train and evaluate performance of Accounting personnel to ensure quality of service and technical expertise.
- Oversight of nonfinancial department(s).
- Responsible for the completion of Financial Reporting documents on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis such as financial operating and volume trending reports.
- Reviews and coordinates weekly and monthly financial projections and forecasting.
- Performs net revenue analysis including the review of the standard monthly accrual (SMA).
- Reviews and coordinates tax work-papers and filing requirements.
- Reviews and provides input on recommended capital expenditures.
- Coordinates the completion of the annual budget and tracks the progress on a periodic basis.
- Coordinates internal and external audits.
- Ensures the internal controls are sound and internal controls documentation is completed.
- Maintains accuracy of the balance sheet; completion of monthly Balance Sheet Review Guide and Financial Attestation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Academic Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or related subjects.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a
- MSc/MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years professional experiences as ACFO or relevant role is a
- Preferably Experience in working with NGOs/Financial Institutions/Banks/Consultancy firm.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP).
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
Mode of Application
Applicants, who consider himself/herself competent with the above-mentioned position, please send your application to [email protected] before 1700HRS on 14th February 2020.
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted for interview. No phone calls are allowed for inquiry. No allowances will be admissible for interview.