Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA) is a Government Institution which has the duty of providing potable water and sanitation services at affordable prices to the residents of Iringa Municipality for enhancing their health and quality of life. In order to achieve the compact objectives, IRUWASA now seeks applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians who are self-motivated, hardworking, honest and committed to their work to fill the following position:-
ASSISTANT GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM (GIS) OFFICER – (1 POST)
The successful candidate will report to the Planning, Construction and Asset Management Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in capturing, analysis and conversion of GIS data in different formats using GPS, Electronic Data Recorders, Digitisers and other means.
- To carry out cataloguing and inventory of GIS Data, including meta data creation.
- To input, update and maintain GIS databases, including backup and also maintaining linkages to other databases.
- To participate in creating map layout, view and generate IRUWASA’s current and planned pipe layout and meter maping.
- To assist in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the IRUWASA’s GIS.
- To perform spatial data conversion processes (imports/ export routines) to determinate map data and improve map data quality and content.
- To provide advice to customers, (staff, Government agencies, water utilities, contractors) on aspects of the geospatial data and services.
- To assist in managing the integrity and security of geospatial database to ensure the requirement of client continue to be made.
- To assist in training staff in the use of geospatial sytem and promote its application.
- To assist in monitoring of geospatial system to ensure its operate as per the specification timely manner.
- To carry out survey and create IRUWASA map use of GIS
- To carry out diagnosis and troubleshooting problems, experienced with the use of GIS and related software.
- To carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Age Limit
- Holder of Ordinary Diploma in Geographic Information Systems, Geomatics, Geoinformatics, Land Surveying, GIS and Remote Sensing, Land Information Systems from a recognized Institution.
- Knowledge and experience in using GIS maping Hardware and Software component including either GPS or ArcGIS is an added advantage.
- Age Limit between 20 and 35 years.
Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
- According to IRUWASA Salary Scale:IWAS 4
- Appointment will be on unspecified period of time.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must attach an up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail and telephone/mobile numbers.
- Applicants should indicate names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
- Applicants must attach their relevant copies of academic certificates, professional certificates and birth certificates.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- For Ajira Mpya Leo | Latest Jobs In Tanzania Click Here!.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be sent to IRUWASA by hand, registered post, EMS and DHL not later than 21th April, 2019.
All applications should be addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Iringa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 570,
NOTE:WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!