Responsible for performing routine laboratory investigations for patients. Ensure security and hygiene measures are respected at all times.
- Collect samples, including performing phlebotomy and conducting home visits to patients unable to travel to health facility, and conduct routine laboratory investigations for patients
- Interpret laboratory results, communicate findings to clinicians and file reports while ensuring confidentiality
- Process specimens to be sent to outside laboratories and do follow up
Maintain quality control of specimen samples
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria, including universal precautions, are met; manage waste as per good laboratory practices
- Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working order by using in accordance with user manual and protocols, perform cleaning and minor maintenance and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Monitor the consumption of supplies and equipment required for laboratory activities and notify supervisor of re-stocking needs
- Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Code of Conduct
- Other duties related or assigned
Education, licenses, & certifications
- Diploma or advanced diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is required
- Health Laboratory Technologists’ Council of Tanzania Valid practicing license is required.
Minimum of at least one years of experience in a similar role will be added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory practices
- Basic knowledge of how to operate standard laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of hygiene management and IPC protocol
Skills & abilities
- Skilled in performing routine laboratory investigations and interpreting results
- Good communication skills, with good command of written and spoken English
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Job application procedure: Please send your CV, Cover Letter and other testimonies to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th January 2023.