St. John’s University of Tanzania (SJUT) is a relatively young but dynamic university aspiring to become a global player in the provision of higher education, owned by the Anglican Church of Tanzania (ACT). SJUT is committed to a culture of quality, excellence and absolute integrity in the context of Biblical values. The University is seeking to recruit qualified academic member of staff and bnng onboard suitable individuals to provide effective leadership and contribute to the realization of the aspirations of the University. The Chief Mazengo campus is located at Kikuyu area In Dodoma, about 3.5km southwest of the city centre. For further information, please visit www.sjutac.tz.
The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY AND REUGIOUS STUDIES (SOTR)
Job Title: ASSISTANT LECTURER (2 Posts) Assistant Lecturers in Theology and Theological Studies (2 Posts)
- Reports to: With guidance of senior staff conduct teaching, research and public services as consultancy and community engagement.
- Duty Station: SJUT, Chief Mazengo Campus – Dodoma
- With guidance of senior staff conduct teaching, research and public services as consultancy and community engagement.
- Holder of a Master of Arts in Theological Studies, Master of Theology, or Master of Arts in Theology and Contemporary Issues. A Bachelor degree in Theology, or Theology with Education. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale in undergraduate degree and a minimum GPA of 4.0 on a 5-point scale for a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience: With a minimum of three (3) years working experience in tertiary education institutions.
- Salary Scale: Staff salary rank according to SJUT Scheme of Service
- Tenure: Fixed terms contract of four (4) years renewable on satisfactory performance.
Mode of Application:
Complete application package that consists of Application Letter supported with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified relevant copies of Certificates i.e. Degree/Diploma Certificates /Testimonials, Academic Transcripts plus Secondary School Certificates and their contact details should be submitted no later than 2nd March, 2020 at 04:00 p.m. to: