TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office, located in Dar es Salaam city.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
ASSISTANT MEDICAL OFFICER (AMO) OPHTHALMOLOGIST (4 POSITIONS)
Duty Station: Mtendeli Camp (Kakonko DC)
Reports to: Health Coordinator
Age Limit: Not above 55Years.
- Coordinate scheduling of patient appointments and surgeries.
- Interview patients and document ocular and medical histories.
- Perform a variety of routine tests using ophthalmic instruments that provide diagnostic
- Assist the physician during diagnostic and minor surgical procedures, including instrumentation,
- Administer topical medications or diagnostic drugs as required by the provider for testing or treatment.
- Prepare and position patient for diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Assist the physician with patient education pertaining to the treatment prescribed.
- Prepare procedure and exam rooms; inventory equipment and supplies; replenish supplies and equipment.
- Perform basic triage per specific office protocol procedures. Ø Performing office management duties Ø Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced Diploma in Clinical Medicine is required
- Registration with Tanganyika Medical Council is required
- Valid practicing license is required
- At least 18 months of clinical experience in ophthalmology is required
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than May 26th ,2020. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected].