Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA) is a Government Institution which has the duty of providing potable water and sanitation services at affordable prices to the residents of Iringa Municipality for enhancing their health and quality of life. In order to achieve the compact objectives, IRUWASA now seeks applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians who are self-motivated, hardworking, honest and committed to their work to fill the following positions: –
ASSISTANT TECHNICIAN GRADE II (PUMP OPERATOR) – (1 POST)
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Water Production,
Maintenance and Repair Section.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To operate water pumps according to agreed schedules.
- To monitor water levels in the storage water reservoirs.
- To make and maintain housekeeping of water pumps, pump houses and their surroundings.
- To maintain and keep proper records and reports of pumps performances, faulty water pumps and breakdowns, electric power failures, and the amount of pumped water at established time intervals from clean water storage reservoirs.
- To ensure that the required dosage of water treatment chemicals/ reagents is administered according to the required standards.
- To take meter readings of electricity and water consumptions at established time intervals.
- To record pressure gauges performances at established intervals.
- To make proper reporting on water colour changes.
- To perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Age Limit
- Holder of Form Four/Six Certificate with Trade Test/CBeT Grade ll/Level 11/ NVA/VCII in Electrical, Pump Mechanics and Fitter Mechanics or Plumbing from a recognized learning Institution.
- Age Limit between 20 and 30 years.
Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
- According to IRUWASA Salary Scale : IWAS 2
- Appointment will be on unspecified period of time.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must attach an up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail and telephone/mobile numbers.
- Applicants should indicate names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
- Applicants must attach their relevant copies of academic certificates, professional certificates and birth certificates.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be sent to IRUWASA by hand, registered post, EMS and DHL not later than 24th October, 2019.
All applications should be addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Iringa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 570, IRINGA.
NOTE:WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!