The African Trade Insurance Agency (“ATI”) is a pan-African multilateral financial institution established in 2001 by African States. ATI was originally launched with the technical and financial support from the World Bank Group and has had more recent support from the African Development Bank. ATI has grown into a market leader for risk mitigation in Africa, establishing itself as Africa’s primary trade and investment insurer and one of Africa’s largest Development Finance Institutions with an outstanding portfolio exceeding US$6bn at year end 2019.
ATI provides political and credit risk insurance to companies, investors and lenders doing business in Africa. For over a decade, ATI has maintained an A rating for Financial Strength and Counterparty Credit by Standard & Poor’s, and in 2019 obtained a second A3/Stable rating from Moody’s. ATI’s membership includes African Member States as well as a number of corporate and institutional shareholders. Besides its head office in Nairobi, ATI currently has offices in Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Working at ATI offers unique career opportunities. Candidates are invited to apply for the following open position: Assistant Underwriters (2). All positions will be initially based in Nairobi, Kenya however we envisage some of the Underwriting staff will move to West Africa.
The role descriptions and fuller details of the duties are posted on ATI’s website www.ati-aca.org
Qualifications, Experience and other Attributes
- The successful candidates must have suitable qualifications, experience and attributes as indicated under the respective job descriptions on ATI’s website.
- All the roles require excellent communications skills in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French and an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
- Please submit an Application Letter, Personal History Form (downloaded from the ATI website), CV, plus details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees to [email protected]
- For a detailed job description of each role, please visit ATI’s website http://www.ati-aca.org/aboutus/current-opportunities/
- The closing date for application is 07th February 2020 at Midnight Nairobi time
- ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
SOURCE: The Guardian Newspaper 08/01/2020