“Sometimes in life there is that moment when its possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.” -Elizabeth Glaser
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected.Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States.With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
|Job title:||Associate Project Manager|
|Reporting to:||Senior Project Manager|
|Job grade:||Grade 6|
The Associate Project Manager has the main responsibility of promoting Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation’s country strategic plan and provides specific programmatic direction to facilitate the work of EGPAF in respective region(s).The APM supports the senior project manager to oversee the implementation of activities in respective regions and supports project management with a focus on leadership and management, supervision of council project coordinators’ program activities. He/she has representation of the organization at regional level as well as capacity building and transition of the supported project(s) to local authorities.The APM ensures that the program delivers the designed objectives and intended impact is realized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management support for field supports staff by
- Provide strategic direction to the team, oversee TA needs and build capacity where needed,
- Provide day to day guidance to all direct supervisees (CPC, and TO) and other staff by pro-actively providing support and effective communicates all projects matters as arise from Dar office and at the region level,
- Translate EGPAF policies and guidelines and ensure staffs adhere to the policies and guidelines in place. Assure optimal compliance with a zero-tolerance for fraud.
- Performance monitoring and reporting, including financial monitoring of sub-agreements and programmatic monitoring and report writing
- Monthly and quarterly reports submitted as per agreed timelines
- Ensure CPC prepare activity report for all sites visited made indicating objectives of visit, name and number of sites visited, action/supported provided to each site;
- Ensure close monitoring of targets set for each performance indicator against results with the use of existing tools(Power Bi and DHIS2)
- Prepare reports to be shared to RHMT on progress, challenges and success made by individual sub grantees.
- Provide toTA to sub grantees through CPC
- To participate in new business development activities and Support Councils in the process of developing CCHP by advocating the inclusion of proposed activities and closely monitor implementation of activities.
- Build capacity of councils to offer quality integrated HIV, TB, and FP services and promote integrated approach as means of achieving intended results to clients, o Close monitoring of sub grantees budgets and implementation of activities.
- Project Office Relationship Management and Representation
- Ensure sound relation with the relevant stakeholders including Regional Administration, RHMTs and Other relevant implementing partners in the project office regions
- Support RHMTs in coordination of regional stakeholders including sharing cost in jointly organized activities e.g. Joint SS, DAWs etc.
- Represent the Foundation to activities and events organized by other stakeholders in the project regions
- To organize and participate in field offices events
- Graduate Degree in Health sciences, MD
- Master’s in Public Health or other relevant Master’s degree is an advantage
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- At least 5 years of proven project management experience in the design, administration, management and implementation of health programs
- Understanding on local RCH, HIV,TB and FP integration context within health facilities and community levels
- Experience in Project Management.
- Experience managing donor funded projects, with vast knowledge on US Rules and Regulation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Kiswahili); strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
- EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: March 13th 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.