ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Attendant 3 – Lamproom.
Contract type & Duration: Fixed Term Contract (One Year – Non-Renewable)
Department: Underground Mining
Reporting to: Underground Mine Foreman
Number of Positions: Two (02)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- The role holder is responsible to ensure Self Rescuers, Underground Cap Lamps, Fall Arrest Instruments and Gas Detection Instruments are stored, issued, and maintained as per Standard Operating Practices. To provide message relay services between Underground CAF Filling Operation and Maintenance Team.
- A minimum Certificate of Secondary Education Examination ( CSEE)
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Minimum of 2 years performing the same role.
- Experience with the use of 2-way radio communication deceives, handheld and base- station
- Ability to effective communication used the above-mentioned devices with UG and workshop supervisor.
- Established experience with the Mine Lighting Equipment, battery charging Equipment and Fire Detection Systems
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Receive and Issue Meals and PPEs to GGM Underground Employees.
- Issuing of PPEs and other supplies including records keeping.
- Store and Issue Cap Lamps, Self-Rescuers, Fall Arrest Instruments and Gas Detection Instruments
- Ensure Cap Lamps are fully charged before issuing to the users
- Ensure records are kept for individuals to whom equipment is issued too
- Report to Supervisor on damaged Instruments or items not returned at end of shift
- Ensure records are kept of equipment maintenance for compliance purposes
- Ensure good housekeeping is always maintained in the lamp room and outside the lamp room areas
- Have Good written and oral communication skills in English language and Swahili
- Valid Tanzanian Driving license and able to drive in Mining environmen.
- Able to show initiative and co-ordination skills and be able to interact within all Mining Personnel and Maintenance sections.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass medical examinations.
- Be able to work at minimum supervision.
- Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
- Demonstrate good teamwork. Must be able to solve problems.
- Solid history of reliability and good work ethic
- Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY below
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Attendant 3 – Lamproom”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 09th January 2023 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.