Dodoma Urban Water Supply And Sewerage Authority (DUWASA):
JOB VACANCY AT DUWASA DODOMA
Dodoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (DUWASA) was established under section 3(1) of Cap. 272.of 1997 as repealed by section 60 of Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009. DUWASA is charged with the overall responsibility of operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Dodoma Urban within the Municipality.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, dynamic, experienced and performance driven Tanzanians male and female, to fill in the following professional carrier opportunity:
- AUTHORITY’S ACCOUNTANT
- Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Holder of degree in Accounting/Finance plus CPA (T) or equivalent qualification and registered by NBAA as Authorized Accountant with at least six years relevant experience in accounting duties and computer accounting packages.
- Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Prepares and submits to Finance and Administration Manager financial plans and budgets before the end of the financial year.
- Keeps books of accounts relating to revenue, grants and expenses accurately and timely according to accounting standards established by NBAA.
- Recommends accounting policies and procedures to management through the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Implements accounting policies and procedures approved by management and Board of Directors.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements of the authority timely.
- Facilitates the audit of books of accounts by external auditors within the required legal period.
- Responds to all internal and external audit queries accurately and timely.
- Pays timely taxes, salaries, imprests and debtors.
- Implements sound control systems and procedures of physical property, cash, cheques, purchase orders, receipt books, and other accounts documents.
- Conducts proper valuation of closing stock and fixed assets at the end of the financial year.
- Conducts open performance review and appraisal of subordinates and gives feedback.
- Develops individual performance objectives, targets and standards in consultation with the immediate superior as part of performance agreement.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
- TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR THE POST Permanent and Pensionable.
- AGE LIMIT FOR THE APPLICANTS
Not above 45 years of age.
The post carries attractive remunerations package subject to work professional experience and qualifications.
- MODE OF APPLICATION
Letter of application accompanied with a detailed CV, Photocopies of relevant certificates; names and addresses of three referees; day contact telephone numbers and postal address should reach the under-mentioned address before or on 28,h March, 2018.
The Managing Director,
Dodoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 431,
Tel: 026 – 2324245. Fax: 026 – 2320060,
E-mail: [email protected]
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW; AND THOSE WHO WILL NOT HEAR FROM US SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES UNSUCCESFUL CANDIDATES.
Source: Daily News March 13, 2018