RE-ADVERT: AUTO ELECTRICIAN- – NATIONAL (2 POSITION)
Reporting to: Mechanical Supervisor
- Identification of specifications, conditions and manufacturers’ requirements for mobile equipment.
- Conduct repair and preventative maintenance on mobile earth moving equipment, fixed pumping stations, and air conditioning units on mobile machines.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum machine availability.
- Completion of assigned work in a safe and timely manner, with minimum supervision and to internationally acceptable standard.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the First Line Leader on conditions that may affecting functionality of equipment.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability event.
- Maintain equipment integrity and equipment availability.
- Prevent further equipment damage/ faults.
- Complete pre start inspections, including check lists.
- Ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repair.
- Active participation in training activities to gain new skills and development of full potential.
- Interpreting job requirements from work instructions.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
• Mechanical trade certificate – (FTC, IMTT & VETA)
• Valid driving license is an added advantage
• 3 Years’ experience in similar role. Experience in mining industry is added as an advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge on Caterpillar SIS and ET
• Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
• Demonstrates a high concern for health, safety and environment