Azania Bank is one of the Tier 1 Commercial banks operating in Tanzania which has recorded fast growth in terms of financial position, Branch network, Business expansion and customer outreach through its services delivery channels and customer centric focus and product innovation. After operating an insurance agency for a while, the bank now embarks into bancassurance business whereby it focuses on widening scope of service delivery on insurance business in line with bank’s vision of becoming The One Stop Financial Centre.
Currently the Bank is seeking to recruit highly motivated, result-driven and qualified Tanzanians professionals to fill the following positions: –
Bancassurance Underwriter (One Position)
Scope of responsibilities
To receive and review applications for insurance policies while evaluating risk and determine appropriate risk likely to happen.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the collection of premiums from clients.
- To work with software developers to develop efficient and easy to use premium collection software.
- To advise the bancassurance manager from time to time on how to improve and increase premium collections.
- To collaborate with the sales and marketing unit to ensure that our insurance policies do not lapse.
- To follow up on premium payment and send reminders from time to time to our policy holders to pay their premium.
- Responsible for resolving any premium issues with the bank and policyholders.
- To keep proper record of all policies issued through ABL.
- To prepare and submit periodic reports on time and to undertake directives thereof.
- To ensure compliance with internal policies and manuals and regulatory requirements governing the bancassurance business.
Qualification, Experience and Competences
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance and risk management from a recognized university
- A post-graduate degree will be and added advantage.
- Minimum of one-year experience in insurance underwriting.
Attractive remuneration packages awaits successful candidates to the above posts as per Azania Bank Limited Salaries and Incentive Schemes as reviewed from time to time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to meet all costs associated with their attendance to the interview. Please note also that successful candidates will be required to meet their relocation costs to Dar es Salaam.
Mode of Application
Applications must be attached with updated detailed resume and Copies of relevant certificates. The same may be sent through physical delivery to the addresses indicated herein below. The deadline for submission of applications is One week after the appearance of this advert.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please apply in confidence to
AZANIA BANK LIMITED,
MAWASILIANO TOWERS, SAM NUJOMA ROAD
P. O. BOX 32089 DAR ES SALAAM
Email. [email protected]
Tel No.: 022 2412025/6/7