Retail & Business Banking
Ensure that all customers receive a consistently high quality service by effectively managing and developing all available resources (staff, systems, processes) and ensuring that a strong customer-focused service culture becomes entrenched in the branch. Ensure that cross-selling opportunities are actioned and customers are migrated to more appropriate and cost-effective channels. Proactively identify and assess the risks faced by the branch and maintain an effective system of controls to reduce exposure. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards
- Responsible for the net profitability of the branch: ensure effective management of revenue and expenditure with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs.
- Optimise and streamline existing systems, processes and controls for cost-effective service delivery.
- Manage assets and cash holdings by ensuring that these are handled according to laid-down instructions and by optimising physical/system security controls.
- Provide an effective administrative function for the branch.
- Develop micro market sales plans to achieve responsive sales budgets/targets for branch (MLM).
- Gain a sound understanding of the different local market segments in the branch’s area of operation.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness. Recommend revision of controls to Provincial Operations, where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks.
- Maintain a culture within the branch that emphasises and demonstrates the importance of internal control to all staff.
- Ensure that all routine controls relating to new business are applied effectively, with particular emphasis on routine compliance.
- Ensure that customer service standards are set and maintained in line with the requirements of each market segment.
- Ensure that customer complaints are monitored, trends and root causes identified and addressed at source to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel.
- Delegate authority and responsibility in line with business objectives and service standards to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all subordinates.
- Monitor and manage the performance and development of subordinates to ensure sustained profitability, compliance with the Code of Banking Practice, internal controls and overall well-being of staff.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Undergraduate or postgraduate qualification
- Tanzania Institute of Bankers or related qualification would be an advantage.
- A seasoned banker with about 5 years branch banking experience
- Experience in managing a diverse range of people and activities are essential.
- Excellent people management skills
- Knowledge of the Retail Banking value proposition.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Area sales and service strategies.
- Knowledge of the socio-political and economic dynamics affecting the local market/s.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Knowledge of Managing Local Market sales principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank’s laid-down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of local target market profiles.
- Thorough knowledge of the products and services applicable to the local market/s.
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to [email protected]