Budget, Grants and Contracts Coordinator
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. CARE Tanzania is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE International is a global force and a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE Tanzania and partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights.
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit a self-motivated, results driven, dynamic, suitably qualified, competent and dedicated Tanzanian to fill the position of Budget, Grants and Contracts Coordinator to be based in Dar es Salaam
Budget, Grants and Contracts Coordinator (BGCC) will oversee management of Grants and Contracts agreements of CARE Tanzania in line with CARE’s policies and guidelines. S/he will ensure compliances with CARE Financial policies, procedures and Donor’s regulations on grants and budgetary requirements. Will ensure accuracy and timely submission of financial reports and bills to donors. The position will provide adequate management of sub grants and partners’ financial agreements. The Budget, Grants and Contracts Coordinator will actively participate to support the country office efforts to proactively seek new funding opportunities, working to ensure that program and finance teams are supported during proposal development to develop accurate budgets.
The position will timely provide periodic analytical financial reports to Budget Holders on grants and sub grants expenditures, inform and advice the management on the financial performance of the grants. The position will work in collaboration with other departments and program teams to provide technical support and guidance to other CARE staff and partners on compliance and ensure understanding and adherence of rules and regulations of donor grants, statutory requirements and CARE International policies including sub grants management policy. The BGCC will act as the focal person to coordinate and ensure workflow and other projects requirements in the financial and grants management system (PeopleSoft) are timely communicated and defined in the system, for smooth implementation and recording of financial data.
The position will manage a small team responsible for budget and grants management and s/he will be responsible for management of performance of staff under her/his supervision. Will be responsible for capacity building of staff and improving internal ways of working. The Budget, Grants and Contracts Coordinator will be based in Dar es Salaam and reports directly to the CARE Southern Africa sub-regional Finance Director.
- Provide leadership to the Budgets, grants and Contracts Management Financial Compliance (donors, systems and processes)
- Sub – Agreement Management
- Support and coordinate with other functions for Country Office and project specific audits Preparation of Financial Reports and Analytical Reviews Grants Proposals and Budgets Development
- Capacity Building and Training on Award management procedures and donor requirements for staff and partners’ organizations
- Staff and Performance Management
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance or Business Management or equivalent and a full professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA, ICSA etc. or its equivalent as a ‘MUST’ or Master’s degree in a relevant qualification like accounting, Finance or an MBA (Focus on Finance or accounting with 5 years’ experience of relevant professional experience.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 5 years’ experience in budgets, grants/ awards and sub grants management at similar level, of which at least 3 in an international NGO.
- Knowledge of key donors’ compliance requirements i.e in depth knowledge with practical experience with USAID, UN, EU, UKAID rules and regulations
- Proven experience in preparing budgets, financial monitoring reports, budgetary systems and controls with strong analytical skills
- Strong business partnering skills with ability to work in teams, work at detailed level and understand the larger picture Experience of staff management, supervision and capacity building in Award Management Proficiency in Microsoft Office software with Advance knowledge in Excel application and financial & accounting computer applications
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Attention to details, patient, flexible, able to improvise and communicate clearly and ability to work effectively under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Proactive individual with ability to offer structured guidance
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
Only a letter of application and updated CV including names of at least 3 reputable referees from previous jobs (preferable line Managers) with reliable contacts should be sent by email to Human Resources Department [email protected] by CoB, 31st January 2020 at 1700hrs. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and vulnerable adults from abuse.