TABONO CONSULT LIMITED
LOCATION: Base: Tanzania. Uganda
ROLE: Business Development Officer
REPORTING TO:Sales Manager – Exports Sales & Marketing
Region: Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi. Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, DRC.
Our Client the largest manufacturer in the Plastics Industry in Africa is looking to source for the role of Business Development Officer
Implement the B2B sales growth plan within the assigned markets in line with the overall business strategy to achieve the company sales target, growth, and profitability.
Key Deliverables for this Position
- Identify, engage, successfully negotiate, and onboard new customers to supply Primary rigid consumer and Industrial packaging, Tertiary packaging
- Achieve B2B sales growth and revenue targets by developing associated customer base (Global, regional MNC and SME)
- Prepare and submit monthly customer meeting plans.
- Quarterly demand forecast with not less than 95% accuracy.
- Ensure on time collections as per the credit lines.
- Ensure on time delivery of packaging goods as specified by the customer.
- Achieve customer satisfaction score of A+.
- Prepare monthly sales targets by prospective clients for each product, monitor and review with the line manager.
- Ensure sales targets are achieved/exceeded as forecasted in the Annual budget by product class/category/Type & SKU.
- Plan and execute structured customer visits to ensure pitching for new business as per the projected pipeline sales with clear objectives and progress reports.
- Execute Master Supply Agreement along with KYC for a minimum 3-to-5-year tenure with every customer.
- Facilitate onboarding of new clients and provide continuous support throughout the process to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Customer Relationship Management by managing and developing alliances with the existing/new customer base within the assigned markets to enhance the achievement of sales and profitability objectives.
- Planning and developing Export markets within the assigned region based on product portfolio.
- Monitoring and reporting of market trends and conditions, competitor activities, products, pricing and any other new developments. Prepare and provide relevant reports and information to guide management decision.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely weekly / monthly / quarterly sales reports to the Line manager to facilitate a comprehensive sales performance review and proper planning for the various segments.
- Participate and represent the company at Trade exhibitions, events and promotions in order to attract new customers, promote our brand and enhance customers’ awareness of the company’s product range.
- Implement a collection plan geared towards ensuring collection targets are achieved and cash flow levels are maximized ensuring the territory AR adheres to 100% collection.
- Conduct periodic product training for both existing and potential customers to enhance both our brand awareness and product knowledge.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Economics, Sales and Marketing or any relevant field
- Advanced Diploma in sales and marketing or a professional certification in sales and marketing as an added advantage
- Fluent in English and French for Francophone countries (market)
RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role in Plastics packaging company.
- Experience in handling greater East and Central Africa in Plastic Packaging as follows:
▫ Primary Packaging – Thin wall Containers (Printed or IML)
▫ Industrial Packaging – Crates (Beverages, Breweries & Agriculture produce packaging Crates)
▫ Tertiary Packaging – Stretch film
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze economic environments and business opportunities in a systematic and detailed manner
- Knowledge of East Africa market forces and corporate sales.
- Commercial awareness.
- Customer data base and relations within the assigned geographical areas in B2B business
FUNCTIONAL/ TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop effective partnerships and work in a diverse team
- Effective time management and organizational skills with demonstrated reliability in meeting deadlines and commitments
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Remain engaged, proactive, and open to new methods and ways of thinking
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving competitive environment
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Personal ownership and accountability
- Energized, positive, passionate, and confident.
- Flexible – Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business need
How to apply.:
Apply at www.tabono.co.tz under careers
The deadline for Application for this role is the 3RD December 2022
Tabono will only get in touch with shortlisted candidates
Tabono does not ask candidates for an application fee.