Purpose of the position:
Under the direction of the Business Development Manager, the Business development Officer will support the efforts of World Vision Tanzania to develop and diversify its sources of funding, including local resource mobilization.
Program Development and Resource Acquisition
- Working with Business Development Manager, SMT and Technical Leads identify funding opportunities from Support Offices, government donors, multilateral agencies and other donors.
- Draft synopsis of funding opportunities to facilitate decision making on whether to pursue new grant and other external funding opportunities, including local institutions, high net worth individuals, FBOs and other local sources of income to be defined.
- Support the development of concept papers and prepare proposals (including logical frameworks, draft budgets, budget narratives, and monitoring and evaluation plans) for Support Office (SO), government, private and multilateral donors, local institutions, high net worth individuals and FBOs.
- Assist grant staff in preparation of annual operating plans and sector strategies and implementation plans.
- Ensure adherence to Business Development Partnership Policies and Procedures
- Relationship Management, Engagement and Networking, including local fundraising
- Assist WVT in the development and strengthening of relationships with key stakeholders including Support Offices, donors (multilateral, government, foundations and private) and other international agencies, local institutions, high net worth individuals and FBOs
- Work with the GAM team in the development of a marketing approach which will target local institutions, high net worth individuals and FBOs.
- Ensure WVT programs provide opportunities for supporting the development of new alliances and collaboration.
- Develop and maintain effective external and internal relationships with various stakeholders.
- Conduct landscape assessment for local fundraising to identify local RM opportunities
- Develop local fund-raising plan business process
- Organize meetings with priority Local Fundraising contacts
- Ensure all grant-making processes are completed upon awarding of grants.
- Support the Business Development manager to coordinate grant start-up workshop and process for new projects/programs with relevant stakeholders.
- Together with Senior Officer Grant Compliance/SO representative/QA staff advice the CoP/Project manager on key donor compliance standards, including reporting, programmatic standards and M&E tools.
- Participate in grant close-out for projects/programs.
- Ensure full and timely compliance of the Business Development division on all required organizational dashboards and indicators.
- Ensure effective and timely formal and informal reporting to SOs, donors and partners on GAM issues
- Coordinate the implementation of Horizon 3.0 that will support the organization’s efforts to track information on project implementation, to store vital program documentation, and to gather and store information vital to communicating project impact and promote pro-active learning.
- Participate in reviews and lesson learned exercises for grants as guided by WV policies and principles.
Other Competencies / Attributes:
- Must be a committed Christian who is able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges;
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum qualification requires
Degree in a relevant field from a recognized University. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in programming (designing, implementing, evaluating and monitoring) of integrated development, relief and/or advocacy of donor funded projects.
Other technical skills and Abilities
- Be a result orientated leader with the ability to handle a heavy work load, manage and satisfy multiple conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Ability to provide spiritual leadership to the team.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively, constantly pursuing new and better ways of working.
- Be committed to empowering others for transformation – both inside and outside of the organization.
- Be committed to pursuing tangible and lasting impact in the lives of the poor through an empowerment approach.
- Ability to inspire across a wide range of audiences and to communicate effectively.
- Highly effective people management skills.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff and other key partners.
- Demonstrate leadership and team building ability.
- Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to teach others.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
Office based environment with frequent travel to the field and National Office in Arusha. Travel required: 35% domestic travel and occasional international travel (approximately 2 to 4 trips a year). On call 20%.
- Total Jobs 153 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam