Natural Extracts Industries Ltd (NEI) is pioneering the sustainable, natural flavour manufacturing industry in Tanzania for global export, starting with vanilla and other flavour extracts. The company works in all areas from cultivation, to post-harvest processing, value-add manufacturing and international sales and marketing. The smallholder outgrower network currently integrates over 6,700 vanilla farmers from Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Morogoro, Mbeya and Kagera regions and through this sourcing model NEI aims to deliver a long term socioeconomic impact by doubling annual income per smallholder household.
Post: Business Operations Lead (1post)
Location: Moshi, Kilimanjaro.
- Leading/Coordinating all inter-departmental projects.
- Leading & managing changes across the company with support from other department heads.
- Working with other heads of departments, provide them with data-based recommendations on KPI improvement based on rigorous analysis of progress against goals through regular reports to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Benchmarking, reviewing, and continuously improving reporting tools and systems to ensure that decisions made by company leadership are based on accurate, sensible, and up-to-date data.
- Leading the business requirements definition/requirements for IT-enabled operations, and project managing the implementation and deployment (change management) of such initiatives.
- Leading the Continuous Improvement Systems across the organisation to achieve cost savings, leaner operations, and quality improvement.
- Support skills development and capacity building within teams by coaching, training, and mentoring.
- With support from company leadership, prepare company-level reports in terms of performance, impact, and sustainability.
- Periodically audit teams and departmental performance both on means and results, then support them in course correction to achieve company objectives.
- Together with the Business Development Lead/Manager, analyse customer and market data and provide insights for improvement.
Desired Qualifications & Experience;
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science, Operations Management, or Natural Sciences.
- At least 3 years of experience in working with business operations in manufacturing or agriculture value chains.
- Proficient in statistics, data analysis, reporting, & presentation (expertise in spreadsheets is a minimum requirement, knowledge of other statistical tools such as sigma XL & R is an advantage).
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive familiarity with ICT systems such as ERP, CRM and productivity packages such as Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively; both oral and written, in English and Kiswahili.
- Bias towards logical thinking, analysis, and synthesis.
- Self management, and passion for working with social impact enterprises. Excellent coaching and facilitation skills.
Expression of Interest Application
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to [email protected] by November 18th 2022. Applicants must indicate the subject line for the role applied, failure to do so will lead to disqualification.
Natural Extracts Industries is an equal opportunity employer.