COMPANY NAME: ASILIA LODGES AND CAMPS LTD
LOCATION: TARANGIRE, NGORONGORO, RUBONDO, & SERENGETI
REPORTING TO: CAMP MANAGER
At Asilia we aim to be an organization that offers Better Experiences and Strong Positive Impact.
We give people joy and appreciation in iconic wildlife & wilderness areas in a way that makes a positive lasting impact on the environment and its people. Behind the scenes, we diligently build our operational, sustainable, and marketing/sales capabilities and access to capital to enable scaling up the experience and impact.
As a butler, your role is vital in perpetuating our company’s aims, goals, and objectives!
This Job Description is your guide to achieving these objectives by outlining your daily duties & responsibilities. WE BELIEVE IN BETTER!!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To ensure guests are well served their meals and drinks, work together with other staff and management in a smooth, safe, and harmonious manner to ensure guests have a memorable stay.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Ensured the cleanliness of all food and beverage facilities including the restaurant, lounge, bar, and area around.
- Control the F&B in a bar to ensure that consumption is in line with budgets.
- Ensure that current F&B offerings are being met with the highest standard.
- Ensures that guests are satisfied with their meals, drinks, and processes orders for additional courses if necessary.
- Make sure you conduct daily beverage stock take to cater to your guest’s needs.
- Maintain the highest standard of services to guests, including cleanness, and report any maintenance issues in your working environment.
- Guests should not wait for service, make sure you are always for guests’ needs and service.
- It is vital to make sure service delivery is on time without any delays.
- Make sure guests should always have drinks with them unless they are satisfied.
- Make sure you have enough drinks to serve your guests at the right temperature as per guests’ preferences.
- Assist guests’ needs and requirements, check with guests if they need your assistance.
- Ensure you have all guest’s information including dietary requirements to be able to provide outstanding service.
- Introduces guests to the menu and announces daily menu specials.
- Ready to answer questions about menu items, ingredients, and any other necessary questions asked by your guests.
- Table set up should be prepared before guests always arrive for their meals and ready.
- You need to keep your crockery and cutlery records; in case anything breaks should be recorded and reported to your manager.
- Experience as a waiter or similar role in the hospitality industry.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to a bush environment.
- Commitment to a high level of customer service.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Knowledge of hotels, lodges, and restaurants.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with efficiency and discretion.
- Knowledge of food and wine pairings is a plus.
- Certificate or Diploma in hotel management.
- Must be able to speak English fluently, other languages an advantage.
- Must be willing to be based in camps in remote locations.
- Age limit not more than 35yrs.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years of experience.
If you met the requirements and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your application and resume in only one pdf document no later than February 4, 2023, to waiters’ trainer [email protected].