CALL FOR BOARD DIRECTORSHIP POSITIONS
Are you looking for a unique and exciting leadership opportunity so as to put your competence, character, knowledge, skills, talent and capacity in strategic thinking, legal, marketing and HR in the service of a great cause?
If you are committed to transforming organisations so that they have effective boards, run ethical and profitable businesses for better Tanzania, you are the one!
The Institute of Directors in Tanzania (IoDT) is looking for 3 leaders to join our Board of Directors for a period of 3 years (term may be renewed).
For 9 years, we have championed effective corporate governance and best business practices in the country. Our Board is our strategic heart in developing, orienting and galvanizing corporate leaders – via professional training, advisory engagements, workshops and networking events – who serve in the best interest of their organisations’ stakeholders.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We expect that the new recruited board directors will bring a range of skills and experience to The loDT, from the attributes listed below.
- Certified Member of The loDT (or commitment to be certified within six months upon joining the Board)
- Commitment to the values and objectives of The loDT
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for The loDT
- Willingness to fulfil the duties and standards of conduct required of a board member of an organisation seen as the custodian of corporate governance
- Female candidates are strongly advised to apply
- Meetsthe minimum requirements for a Board member as per the Companies Act plus relevant regulations in Tanzania.
- Previous board level experience.
- Expertise & Knowledge
- Understanding of governance and leadership issues especially in Legal, Marketing or HR disciplines.
- Ability to understand and interrogate financial reports
- Strategic planning skills
- Risk management skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to operate as part of a team
How to apply
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please submit by email – to the Chair of the Board Nomination Committee on [email protected] – an abbreviated CV (relevant for such position) together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) with all the necessary attachments summarising why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the role and stating and how you meet each of the relevant requirements; Also cite your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names & addresses of three referees,
Prospective board members who best meet our requirements will be notified of further steps.
All applications will be selected on merit and only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
The deadline is set at 16 January, 2020, at 1700hrs.