Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL) is a company owned by the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Prisons Corporation Sole (PCS). The Company was established on 6th September 2016. The main objective of the company is to undertake production of sugar in Tanzania.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available in the company and WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THESE POSITIONS as follows:
CANE SUPPLY SUPERVISOR HARVEST – 1 Position:
He or she will be reporting to Senior Cane Supply Officer
Description of Duties:
- Prepares and controls the estate harvesting section budget;
- Coordinates both annual and progressive monthly cane estimates from the estate;
- Prepares the estate harvesting program;
- Ensures availability of working tools, materials, protective gear etc. at all times;
- Ensures that the field to burn is accessible and no chance of fire accidents;
- Controls cane cutters transport to ensure timely deliveries to and from working sites;
- Manage and coordinate burning crew to ensure safe and effective practices;
- Manages estate cane cutter productivity and quality;
- Ensures a sufficient and steady supply of clean fresh cane to the factories;
- Ensures no cane is thrown away due to any reason;
- Prepare harvesting reports and submit to Senior Cane Supply Officer;
- Ensures that the Company cane cutters camps are well maintained;
- Conduct on the job training and instruction for cane burning and cutting activities, and identify new training needs where appropriate;
- Assists the Senior Cane supply officer controlling/ leading the firefighting gang in case of run-away fires;
- Ensure Mkulazi standard procedures for harvesting activities are observed; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Management.
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in Agriculture/Agronomy/
- Horticulture or equivalent qualifications.
At least six (6) months as a supervisor on cane harvesting activities.
General condition: all applicants should have accomplished Secondary School Education and possess an Ordinary Certificate or an Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent and should not be above 45 years of age.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below WITH THE POSITION APPLIED WRITTEN ON THE TOP OF THE ENVELOPE, describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of Academic Certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. Only shortlisted and successfully interviewed candidates will be contacted.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.0 BOX 1079,
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 November 2022.