U.S. MISSION DAR ES SALAAM
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions below.
Position Title: Carpenter
Vacancy Number: DaresSalaam-2020-009
Furniture Construction: 70%
Constructs from drawings, diagrams, sketches, or photographs furniture grade woodwork, tables, desks, cabinets, shelving, doors, platforms, work areas and other furniture type items. Constructs frames for masons to pour concrete slabs. Performs professional quality carpentry work, using hand tools or power tools in a correct and safe manner. Performs in a quality and timely completion.
Works in all aspects of buildings and grounds maintenance. Performs required preventive maintenance and repair work for buildings and equipment, residential quarters and some government owned or leased buildings and performs highly skilled carpentry work. Prepares materials and parts lists submits warehouse. Estimates load count, plans and schedules work load in conjunction with Supervisor for
productive time scheduling. Receives assignments in the form of work order or verbally from the maintenance supervisor.
Finishing and coating: 20%
Other duties such as finishing or coating of the furniture, desk, doors, work areas, shelves, platforms and other painting related issues
as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor, Foreman and/or American Supervisor. Mason Experience is a highly lucrative advantage as well.
Assists with various Pest Control applications and treatments: 10%
Work with Assistant POSHO to expose effected areas with termite so that pesticide application can take place.
Performs job activities and duties in a responsible manner to avoid the creation of safety or health hazards; Conforms to established safety and health policies and procedures; properly utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job activity; informs supervisor of all accidents, illnesses and injuries; promptly reports unsafe or hazardous conditions. Keeps accurate record of assigned tools and equipment.
Job holder will perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Two years’ work experience in the carpentry field is required..
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Secondary School (form IV) is required. Completion of 2 years of Trade School in carpentry is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level II (limited knowledge) in English (speaking, writing and reading) is required. Level III (good working knowledge) in Kiswahili (speaking, writing and reading) is required. (this may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Valid drivers’ license class B&D is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Secondary School Certificate
- Trade School Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Proof of Citizenship (Copy of Passport, NIDA ID, Voter ID only)
- Other (if any)
- Copy of Work Permit (if not a TZ national)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
CLOSING DATE: March 03, 2020
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!