U.S. MISSION DAR ES SALAAM
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions below.
Position Title: Chauffeur
Vacancy Number: DaresSalaam-2020-010
(70 %) CHAUFFEUR
Operates motor vehicles carrying personnel in the city and on up country trips in Tanzania. Assists all passengers with luggage or other materials they may be carrying. Acts as a messenger in delivering documents or invitations in the city. Provides courteous service. Maintains neat, clean, and professional appearance at all times. Serves as a back-up Truck Driver when needed.
(20%) Motor Vehicles Operations and Maintenance
Responsible for the safety operation and maintenance of the assigned vehicles. Responsible for the proper loading and unloading of the vehicle and security of cargo in transit. Cleans and inspects the vehicle before, during and after each trip. Reports to the
dispatchers of any vehicle defects. Ensures that the vehicle has an adequate supply of fuel (min 50% full tank), oil and coolant. Delivers the vehicle to the garage for preventive maintenance.
Makes daily entries on trip tickets, vehicle inspection reports, and fuel purchases in ILMS/FMIS. Completes daily vehicle inspection logs. Immediately reports to the Dispatcher and the American officer of accidents. Prepares accident reports as early as possible.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Must have a minimum of three years of passengers driving experience (core duty of the position) from private corporations or government agencies is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Primary School is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing of English is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking of Kiswahili is required. (this may be tested).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Driver’s license class “B”, “C”, “D” and “E” with no records of accidents for the last 3 years is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of School certificate
- Drivers License
- Proof of Citizenship (Copy of Passport, NIDA ID and Voters ID only)
- Other (if any)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
CLOSING DATE: March 03, 2020